Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Chapter 387 Happy Easter!

HAPPY EASTER!

My friend Tracy made us a cookie and candy basket. She made every single candy, cookie, and frosted cake such as the frosting-dipped strawberry cake.

Word came across the wires that the kids had found a great cat at the Kitsap County Animal Shelter but couldn't get the time off work to get him. There was a lot of competition for "Tum Tum". The doors opened at noon and it was first-come-first-served combat style rescuing. Since the kids were so sure this was a good cat, I packed my lawn chair, golf umbrella, audio book, blanket, and food and arrived at the shelter door promptly at 8:30. 

I staked my claim by the door content that I was first in line. Second in line arrived a little before 9:30. We eyeballed each other while the music from "High Noon" played in our heads. After a bit of circling and sizing each other up, we figured out he was first in line for a dog. After that, we were best friends for the next 2.5 hours.

 The line continued to build through noon when the starting gate opened. This was about 10:30.

Even though it started to rain, no one came under the porch or cut in front of me. It must have been my "permanent" station and my Unabomber scowl that put them off. This grama isn't going to deny her granddaughter the cat of her dreams!

 Finally I found the gold at the end of the rainbow! Tum Tum was waiting for the Crazy Cat Lady to come rescue him.

He even looks happier in the cat crate in the front seat of my car basking in the sun than he did in the shelter.

After the rescue, Carissa texts us a Facebook screenshot of a cat lost in Kingston where Tum Tum was found. Chris and I held the picture up to Tum Tum and declared he was not the same cat.

Chris and I got him home and Tum Tum acted like he owned the place. He appeared to have no fear.

He was not happy to find he had to live with "the jaws of death" but was making the best of it.

Here's a video of Reagan getting to meet her kitty for the first time.

Tum Tum settled in juuust fine on his first day.


Tum Tums desire to sit on a lap outweighs his fear of being next to the jaws of death.

Tum Tum was destined to be renamed, but was to take a few days.  Tum Tum made the best of his time while he was waiting for his new name.

Reagan just wanted to spend time with her new kitty.

Friday I stayed with Reagan while Carissa went to a meeting at work. Reagan sprinkled her Easter grass all over the house and since she was entertaining herself, I let her go at it.

Frank/Joe/Sam/Tum Tum was enjoying his toddler time. He was hugged numerous times during the day and didn't seem to mind at all. It made me nervous since I didn't really know him yet.

More kitty hugs.

Tum Tum enjoyed pre-nap storytime with Reagan and made my Unabomber stake out worth all the effort.

Presenting "Mozzie" who has made himself quite the comfie house cat.

Once I got home we went to the store to get the stuff we need to start the countertops! Yay, the project is actually taking off.

Although I ready for the new countertops, I will miss all the little nicks and scratches that mark the milestones these counters have lived through. These are from one of the girls cutting with the circle cutter when they were in middle school. I've spent the intervening years trying to brush a "hair" off the bar. It drove me nuts. It's almost worn off after all these years.

April the giraffe finally had her calf. Anyone who was anyone was watching the culmination of cyber-stalking an innocent giraffe during her most personal time. Here Carissa and Mozzie follow along.

Bob trimmed the hedge and now we had to make all those branches go away. The hard part was that the branches were all interlaced with blackberry vines. Ouch! After a while we broke the belt on the chipper and it was "game over".

Reagan bravely enjoyed an Easter egg hunt in little downtown Kingston. She's the cute one in the middle in the purple coat.

Reagan got a little Easter gold in her basket.

Reagan enjoys the swim goggles she got in her Easter basket while she eats her lunch.

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the video of Reagan meeting her new kitty. Welcome to the family Mozzie--you are one lucky cat!

    ReplyDelete