Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Chapter 386 Happy Easter!



Midway through the week I had to check on Reagan's animals to see if they still had enough "food" to keep them fed for the week. Sure enough, they seem to have enough left to last them until Reagan's next visit.

I love the saying on my work coffee cup that I got at the Edison-Ford Winter Estates in Florida. It is so true!

 Tuesday morning I went to 7-11 for my free coffee. The sunrise over the old fire station is beautiful, except for the power pole, street lights and ugly power lines.

 This weekend we went to the kids' house so we could collect on the family photos that Carissa and Chris gave all of us for Christmas. Before the photos it was naptime for Reagan and Grampa...well, Grampa anyway. Obviously we just got home from a family trip to Costco!

While Grampa and Reagan took "naps", I stayed downstairs and played with my new phone. I was playing with the front camera taking pictures of Bear at the window. I'm excited to see that the front camera is almost as good as the back camera.

Reagan was busy doing a floor puzzle and it turns out she is pretty darn good at them. It's so much fun watching Reagan's wheels turn as she fit the pieces together. Unlike her Grama, her brain doesn't have to work so hard it produces smoke!

We all took an outing to Silverdale Waterfront Park to see what there is to see while the tide is out. 

We saw itty-bitty crabs under the rocks we all happily turned over...

...and a bunch of little eel thingies. I was under the impression they were not going to bite or sting as I picked one up in my hand. It was slippery and slimy and the creepy little thing sat in my hand looking up at me with it's creepy little eyes. A bit of research turned up that these are not actually eels but fish! The Rock Prickleback likes to lounge under tidal rocks and wait for curious humans to terrorize them. I think they still have creepy little eyes though!

 There were folks out everywhere trying to enjoy a raindrop free afternoon outside so Bear had to limit his running to back and forth between us on this dock. He loved it!

Apparently there is a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier from this beach. Today, nor the previous 6 months, was not the day to see it.

It was almost sunny and almost warm outside today. I took advantage of that when we got home from Silverdale to get my seeds started. All the ones Reagan asked for and some flowers that I need to get started for my "pot" garden in our little backyard getaway are ready to start growing.

We are getting ready to "restore" the kitchen. Bob has been researching the concrete countertops I've been asking for and we are moving forward with that plan. Yay! Today we stopped and picked up a couple of samples of tile for the wall of the kitchen. I had originally chosen this for the backsplash, but it might work for the entire wall.

Bob likes the mini-subway tiles. I'm good with either, I just want the countertops done.

Carissa sent along these photos this week of Reagan and her multi-tasking. It takes a village...

Remember the good old days when we got those newsprint flyers from Scholastic magazine? I can still remember the smell of those things. I'd sit for hours and hours and plot which books I wanted. It took me longer to shop the flyer than it did to read the books I ordered.  Reagan circled a LOT of books! Good luck saying "no" to that, Mom!

Facebook sent me this memory from one year a go. Reagan was out mowing between the new garden beds with her bubble mower.

A year later that girl still loves herself a garden and is helping us spread bone meal in the compost. 


1 comment: