Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Chapter 384


Happy Extraterrestrial Abduction Day!

This week started out with some closet cleaning so Bob could move his beloved sauna from the garage into the house. I, personally, thought it made a mighty fine garage accessory.

Whilst digging through the Black Hole (the weird-shaped little closet/room off our bedroom) Bob started digging through old photos. This is one of us in 1980 at the ice caves on Mt. Rainier.

Carissa took a shot at my wide-legged jeans I had on so I fired back:

  Carissa even picked that fabric out for her shorts and the (two types of) bug hat all by herself.

JoAnn got caught in the crossfire and this 1981 photo of JoAnn sitting on our stairs with our (clean) sewer pipe strung on her arms was posted as well.

Bob found this in his old 1971 middle school yearbook. JoAnn still has that same cute sparkle to her eyes to this day.

And I found this in there as well!

Look at that handsome 1980's family!

 If anyone want originals of the famous cousin photo, I've got 'em!

And look at this old treasure. My Gregg shorthand textbook. I loved shorthand and still remember it pretty well. 



It was great for writing Christmas lists and notes I didn't want the kids to read!
 

Bob and I got his sauna into the Black Hole and a fair amount of the Black Hole ended up in the recycle or Goodwill piles. It was a win-win for everyone. I even got a new light to replace the builder's grade light from when we built the house in 1982. I guess it's also time to trim the little bit of wallpaper border I left hanging over when I put it up about 20 years ago. No sense rushing a good thing.

Tonight while trying to sew, I had lots of help. It didn't matter how many times I pushed Nitro away, he came right back.

This project is big enough he was really in the way, but his cattitude didn't allow for a heavy conscience over it.

He wouldn't move for anything so I repeatedly dragged him to the edge of the table on my fabric until it fell out from under him and he thudded to the floor. I guess he thinks I'll never learn!


While clearing out the Black Hole, Bob found a bag of pom-poms. Since Reagan leaves her Tiger a bowl of (pom-pom) food to eat while she is gone, I took a photo of Bob feeding Tiger and sent it to her so she could see we are taking good care of her strange little beast. 

Saturday Bob brought scones home from the automobile swap meet at the Puyallup Fair Grounds. They are sooo tasty, but such bad thing to eat first thing in the morning for breakfast.

Saturday evening we met JoAnn at Rock the Dock Pub and Grill in Tacoma to watch Scott play bagpipes with his old group, Puget Sound Firefighters Pipes and Drums. The day was beautiful and I could have stood outside and admired the view for the evening...except I would have frozen to death. Mt. Rainier is out there somewhere hiding in the clouds.

The pipers and their piper groupies rolled on in for a quick round before moving on to the next stop. Scott is in front of the yellow screen.

Click the link below for a quick video of the action.

When we left, the mountain was out and the sunset was beautiful. Again, I would have liked to stay out and watch but would have become a peoplesicle.

Looking west. You can see the dock we were on as well as the grain terminal elevator canopy toward the back of it. The grain terminal is an important part of the Tacoma waterfront history.

Since the weather was nice on Sunday, we hit the trail for a bit of Geocaching. We found a couple in the Game Farm River Park. As you can see, the river is running high. After climbing around the rocks in this area, I decided I'd better get back to high ground so I had further to roll to the water if my worthless rubber Klog shoes made me fall in.

The kids went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Poulsbo. Here Reagan is looking like a true native web foot waiting for the parade.

Playground owie on her lip. It's probably all healed by the time you see this.

Airplane jammies, flamingo sheets, dinosaur pillow, and a baby with a blanket on it make for a cozy night of rain and sleep.

Since Chris and Roo vacuum so much to keep the German Shedder at bay, they got Reagan her own little vacuum so she could get in on the action. Here she and Dad play dueling Dyson's.

 Monkey see, monkey do. Reagan vacuums with her baby in her backpack just like mom does, except I assume Mom wears pants.

Reagan and Gatsby have a special relationship. Gatsby is right with Reagan wherever she is all day long. Although Gats is a cranky old guy, he loves his Reagan hugs.

Then there's her dog:

Reagan rides ferries like it's her job. She doesn't realize other kids don't take rides across some of the most scenic areas of the United States all the time. She and Carissa went to visit Carissa's friends and their baby.

Reagan held his hand throughout lunch.

I'm glad these weren't the hands she was holding his hand with!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for meeting me Saturday to hear Scott pipe and thanks again for dinner. As always it was great seeing you both again--need to get together as often as we can because we are getting old....lol

    ReplyDelete