We hit the ground (literally) late Sunday night when we flew from from Arizona and didn't slow down all week. We had meetings and activities every evening. We didn't even get a chance to grocery shop and since we'd cleaned out the fresh stuff and the refrigerator before we left, food pickin's have been slim all week. So will the blog content.
The "kids" and Reagan came over Friday night so Bob and Carissa could go to a college basketball playoff of some sort. Since no one came through and tossed them out after the first game, they stayed for the next one as well.
Meanwhile at home, Reagan is anxious to check on Tiger to see if he had enough to eat while she was away. Here she stirs up a new batch of pom pom food for her favorite resin tiger plant holder. She's loved that thing since she was able to focus on it.
Feeding Tiger.
I got Reagan a new stool at one of my "boutiques" and it seemed to work out well for her to reach the sink enough to help and, in this case, play in the sink.
I had some errands to run Saturday while Carissa was having a birthday pedicure with Eileen so Erik went along with Reagan and I. After errands we went to the Iron Grill for lunch. I didn't think to give her the rundown before we went inside and the entire process was puzzling for Reagan. When you really think about it, it's an odd vignette. First you pick up a really cute fish-shaped bowl and Grama says to fill it up with whatever I strange things I want. What? Stack random food in a bowl? The decisions are coming too fast! Tomatoes. I love tomatoes. I want lots of those because I love tomatoes. No. No pineapple. What, you want me to put noodles on top of my veggies? Now that's really weird. Next this smiling lady took my cute little fishy bowl away and threw my food on a table. Look, this is a restaurant, isn't she supposed to give me food? After the lady threw my food on the table, it made lots of smoke. Grama said it was "steam" created by putting my cold food on a hot stove. Now I know Grama's messed up, because that's no stove like I've ever seen before. After my food gets thrown on the "stove" another guy slashes at my food and makes lots of unnecessary noise. Grama says they are going to give my food back but, once again, I'm not sure I believe her. Finally, I get my food back but NOT IN MY CUTE LITTLE FISHY BOWL! What the heck???
But, I soon discover my grilled food is tasty, I really liked it except when Grama fed me with chopsticks. That made my tongue go in reverse and spit it right back out. What I want to know is why are my tomatoes warm after the nice lady threw them on that table?
Erik took a picture of us at lunch.
Reagan wanted "toast and bubber" for breakfast the next morning. While cleaning cupboards, I found the bread stamps I used when I made toast for Kyanne and Carissa way back in the day. Reagan enjoyed the whole stamping, toasting, and bubbering process. All either done or directed from her new stool.
Reagan is sooo Kyanne in both appearance and actions here in this photos. Kyanne has her own little doppelgänger (The word 'doppelgänger' is often used in a more general sense to describe any person who physically or behaviorally resembles another person). Kyanne always knows the slick way to get things done. In this case, it's all the doppelgänger and none of the work.

After the kids left, we set out to find some caches to drop off the two travel bugs we picked up in Phoenix and Tucson. While we were down there we also dropped off two new travel bugs we bought for the purpose. Harry the Sasquatch
was dropped in a piece of blacksmithing equipment in Old Scottsdale on the corner at Cavallier Blacksmith shop, the original blacksmith shop in old Scottsdale. It is still operated by a member of the same family. Originally the blacksmith's shop had to be a couple of blocks out of town because of the noise and smell. The original "Not in my backyard!"
That's it for the week. For all our sakes, let's hope we do something more blog-worthy next week. If not, pictures of the grocery store coming your way...
Have a good week!











I might need to get my blog out early next week in case I need to do the grocery store segment.....
ReplyDelete