Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Chapter 383



and more importantly,


I turned out the lights in the garage leaving Bob in a wood box in the dark, and returned to the house to blog. But I digress.

Well, I promised you something more exciting this week, but for the first few days the most exciting thing I did was watch this grass growing. 

Like everyone last week, our weather was a little wonky. We were having heavy snowfall throughout the day. It was warm enough, however, that the earlier snow melted before the newest snow arrived. This last snow finally lasted through the night enough to mess up traffic come morning.

Nitro giving me a furry middle finger for telling him he's got to move after he took over my nest. 

Speaking of moving, 15 squirrels have been relocated to a more squirrel-friendly location. You'd think that there would be fewer squirrels sitting on the fence taunting me each morning while chewing up the remaining bird feeders. But there they sit each morning...giving me the furry middle finger...again.

Yesterday the neighbor caught me out in the yard barefoot and in a pink nightgown crouching by the base of the tree spreading peanut butter. She doesn't know the trap is there so it might have been a bit of a strange sight for her. They are new neighbors, they'll get used to it.

So, back to leaving Bob in the garage in a box last night...Over the years, we have swapped personal thermostats. He's always cold now and I'm always warm now. To try to warm him up, we got a sauna off of Craig's List. It seems anything we find on Craig's List is up north. This was no exception as we drove the old truck to Bothell and dropped of our money. Here's the sauna in panels. It's supposed to be easy to put together. We'll see about that!

In less than an hour we had it resurrected and ready to cook. Bob is figuring out the control panel and setting his personal oven for 'bake my butt'.

So, when I left the garage to blog last night, I left him in a little lighted, iTunes-compatible box, shut the lights out and came inside. He returned soon after all pink and toasty warm.

Today was not as interesting since we trimmed the hedge and shredded the branches. Although I manned the shredder, Bob was in charge of repairs.

Reagan is vacuuming up part of her German shedder dog buddy.

Mornings come early no matter what age you are. This is Reagan's 4:45 a.m. pre-school look. As you can see, she's outgrown her changing table pad but I bed she finds in mighty comfy right about now.

It's hard to believe she's almost 3!

It doesn't seem that long ago she was so much smaller!





1 comment:

  1. That sauna looks terribly uninviting for someone in my season of life. Guess it's for skinny old men.....

    ReplyDelete