The Sharknado series of movies are one of my favorites. Now that the lastest Sharknado movie Sharknado 4: The Fourth Awakens! is out, Reagan is getting into the spirit by watching sharks at the Point Defiance Zoo.

Kyanne invited us to go to the zoo on Friday when Reagan was staying at our house. Reagan showed us around the zoo and, as usual, stopped at thisss giant brass snake statue. She loves to climb over the rope and sit on it and hug it and pet it much to her Grampa's and Great Aunt JoAnn's disgust.

Reagan watched the confused penguins stand around in a huddle and wait for their tank to be cleaned and filled to return it to their watery playland.

As we left the park, Mt. Rainier was out so Kyanne and Reagan posed for me.

We stopped at Grampa's work on the way home from the zoo and Reagan asked if she could look at pictures on Grampa's computer.


Oh, no! I don't have enough toys on the patio to keep me busy!

After playing in the patio and a trip to the "apple" (Asian pear-apple) tree, a snack to go with her apples in order. She ate a lot of apples this weekend.

Here is a video of Reagan wandering out to the "apple tree". She spends a lot of time just wandering the backyard singing, and getting knocked over by Bear.
Just another summer snack on the steps.

The next morning, Grampa escorts Reagan downstairs to get breakfast.

Since I rarely get up this early in the summer as we did with Reagan, I miss some prime bird activity on our feeders. It appears that our little yellow goldfinches weren't comfortable in the company of these larger birds and made themselves scarce. The pileated woodpeckers, the inspiration for the Woody Woodpecker cartoon, are larger than a crow.

And by 8:00 Reagan was loaded up in her stroller and excited to be going to the park. As an added bonus to the park trip was airplane spotting.

Reagan "helping" me by sweeping. Considering everything on the floor is her toys or Bear's hair, she should be sweeping up.

Grampa and Reagan lounge on the back patio.

Reagan watching Nitro eat his snack.

Reagan using her bubble gun and Bear is just waiting for his turn to be the target...again.

Apparently I was cutting up watermelon with a two-fisted watermelon eater.

Thanks to Auntie Kyanne, Reagan discovered the blackberries in the backyard and so we had to go out and get some more - several times each day.

Our next adventure was to make a cake for Grampa's birthday. Reagan executed a flawless egg-cracking technique for the 3 required eggs. It was the post egg cracking that was a little rugged. She held each yolk then crushed it and watched it ooze through her fingers. Hey, raw egg texture is a real learning tool!

Then the eggs were applied to a box of Fun-fetti cake mix and a whole other learning/observing experience emerged. She was a trooper at watching and not touching and following my instructions.

This is the part where I lost control as you can see in this video. (I have my video security settings set tightly so that I can't include a preview.

Ok, so maybe this part too.

and this part too.

I definitely have no control over these two.

Then she decorated the cake all by herself and did a lot of tasting along the way. Click here for video.
Reagan ate corn on the cob like a trained adult. She just ate a lot more of it. She also loved the little corn handles that I installed in the cobs. I pity the next person that tries to serve her corn on the cob without little handles.

She was so excited to show Grampa the cake she made for him. She was especially proud of the decorations.

Thanks to Great Grandpa for passing out some of Great Grandma's Bunnykins! Nitro carefully watched over me while I took pictures of the Bunnykins.
I was so very excited to see that JoAnn published her blog before me so I could poach some of her pictures. She is usually the one poaching MY pictures. Guess what? Not a single picture of her life. Only the pictures she took of Reagan a couple of weeks ago. Just my luck.
Have a good week everyone!


Great pic's of your weekend grand parenting. I see you posted the picture of Carter before I got a chance.....
ReplyDelete