Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Chapter 345



August 9th 

Another week is gone as summer unravels into fall.  Unlike last summer, we are having yet another day of rain. Yuk. I just got my letter from the school district that says I have a job in the auto shop for another year. That's always a sure sign for me that the summer is going by waaay to fast.

Last week when I was taking pictures of Grama's Bunnykins, Nitro watch with enthusiasm hoping the bunny would come to life and give him an exucse to swat it to the floor. Sorry Nitro!

Speaking of swatting, I swatted a curb with the XJS and my reward was a busted sidewall. The fact that I ruined a tire was bad enough, but these tires aren't available anymore to buy a replacement. After a thorough search of the internet and several tire stores, Bob found a tire available on eBay. As is typical for eBay, the shipping cost is more than the actual tire. The sellers do that since they have to pay a cut on their sales and not the shipping so they lower the price and raise the shipping to make eek a little more profit on the deal.

In the process of changing the tire, each time the wrench slipped off the nut, I'd hit my arm on the wheel well producing this awesome bruise:

I know you loyal readers have all seen this pileated woodpecker several times already, but I just love to watch him...more accurately, her. They are sooo big and un-Pacific Northwest-y.

She also likes to come down the fountain for a quick drink after eating my suet, of course, this leaves suet in the fountain for me to clean out.

The dalias are out and looking great.

This week was our big Jaguar club concours at LeMay's America's Car Museum grounds.We met first thing in the morning so we could start set up. Look at all those knobby knees.

We were greeted by this little birdie that hopped around our setup area. This bird was not afraid of us at all and hopped all over the tents we set up, let us get within inches of it, walked under the tires of the incoming cars, and shamelessly ate the donut crumbs I gave it. Because he could fly when he wanted to but would return to us, we all pretty much decided he just wasn't right in the head.

Our E-Type waiting it's turn to park with the Big Boys on the show field.

 This is the row of newer Jaguars up for show. There is a lot of money parked in that row! The black car is the new F-Type and the white crossover is the new F-Pace that I've been addicted to since it was announced a couple of years ago.

The changing face of our Jaguar club. A very early Jaguar with it's older owners and the crispy new 2017 F-Pace with it's younger owners.

As you all know, we are dabbling in geocaching with an eye to get out and about more. Bob bought hisself a new GPS with his birthday money (Thanks Dad) and we headed out to figure out how it works. Just like Pokemon hunting, I had to save him from a couple of roots and a curb while he concentrated on his GPS screen.

Success!! We managed to find this itty-bitty little geocache that is about 1/2" tall using Bob's new GPS. Meanwhile, the GPS on my phone is still bungling around, telling me I am down in Auburn somewhere and is totally lost. If I want to be lost, I can do it myself. I don't need some high-falutin' electronic device to tell me how to do it.

Facebook has sent me a couple of "On This Day" memories that I really liked. The -four generation photo from 2014

and one of my favorite photos ever...


A spot of morning yoga to get the day started off right.

A playground incident has earned a rest with her favorite sympathetic German Shepherd.

That's a pretty nasty looking bruise, Kiddo! (Is that nail polish I see on Mom's thumb???)

Cousin Carter all dressed up in his weddin' duds for Uncle Brian's wedding. Does it get any cuter than this?




No comments:

Post a Comment