Happy Birthday to Bob
This post came up on Facebook as a memory from 3 years ago. Nothing has changed, I still use the convertible as my personal pick up truck.
As the weather warms up, the critters like to stop by for a drink of water. Most of them get it from the water bowl I put out for them on the gate but some just like to do it the hard way and get it from the fountain themselves. This is why we have to was the fountain out before Reagan visits.
Bob went to the All British Field Meet to look around. He was supposed to get pictures for an article in the the JagMag and this is what he brought me. I don't know if I'm more stunned that he didn't bring pictures or that Honey Bucket thinks giving a free Honey Bucket is a great idea. Just exactly how do you display your winning Honey Bucket? Turn it on it's back and plant it with flowers? Drag it behind your car for extra trailer space on dump days? A spare room when your not-so-favorite guests want to stay the night?
And as long as I'm on the subject of signs, Fred Meyer is now offering free fruit for kids to eat in the store as well as the free cookies at the bakery counter. I'll have to take Reagan there some time to get her free fruit...
...although it appears she is doing quite well eating out of Grama and Grampa's garden. She ate the first tomato of the season, several apples, a ton of sugar snap peas, and lugged this poor carrot around all weekend.
As you seen in past blogs, Reagan loves to play in the fountain. Usually one of her favorite activities is to sit in her little chair with her feet up on the fountain while she talks to herself.
This visit she added a new twist. She carefully inspected and rinsed each of her toes in the fountain several times throughout the day. No toe jam on this kid!
While Chris and Carissa were out for the evening, Reagan had an outdoor dinner. She was super hungry. Just not hungry enough to eat that poor carrot. It just wasn't it's time yet.
After dinner, there's nothing like a little hanging out...on the monkey bar
and the cross bar of her swingset. Life is good.
And very tiring. Reagan was so tired she had to take a rest before she had the energy to put her jammies on.
The next day it was the spray park for Carissa, Reagan, and me. I used to take the girls there when they were little and it was a dangerous germy wading pool. I just chalked it up as an immunity booster back then.
Reagan wasn't wild about the splashing water but warmed up to it after a while.
Reagan loves to carry around an ice cube in a washcloth to suck on. She likes to pick out the ice cube herself, along with a little snack shopping through the rest of the freezer.

After that it was time for Grampa's birthday dinner. I made a waffle cake because Bob loves waffles so much. I saw it on Pinterest and thought it would be a great idea. Reagan helped Grampa blow the candles out on his cake, with great success, I might add.
Eating cake with Grampa.
Taste: 1, Eye Appeal: 0
Then more lounging around the pool after dinner.
Bedtime stories with Auntie Kyanne and off to bed.
After the gang all went home, it was time for Bob to bottle his new beer. I think it's some sort of red this time. All the bottles get rinsed with some special germicide the sterilized in the dishwasher.
Filled where all messy things happen: on the dishwasher door.
and 48 bottles of beer will be tucked away for a couple of weeks while the carbonation happens.
Why wouldn't you wear a princess crown while reading a book on airplanes and jets?
Gatsby and Reagan are best buddies and never very far from each other.
Reagan spends a lot of time by the water.

























No comments:
Post a Comment