Happy Zucchini Bread Day!
I bet one of you still has a loaf of it still in your freezer, you just won't ever admit it.
Since it was Spring break, I had time to go visit Mary Lou. It makes me feel good to see that I'm not the only person that does random things for people to laugh at. I went into her bathroom to find un-bathroom-y stuff on her counter. I guess if you have a pretty jar of urea sitting around, the bathroom is the right place for it.
Since I scared collecting urea was a hobby of hers, I was relieved to see tub of fabric dying in her tub.
Wednesday I went to Kingston to watch Carissa while life spun out of control for them. I had taken a PFD (personal flotation device) that I had gotten somewhere and Reagan was testing it out. It was coincidental that she was wearing it to play in the faucet, she really didn't need it for that.
Since Carissa was gone, I pretty much let Reagan do whatever she wanted to keep her happy. As her clothing got wet we removed it soon moving the activity from the "playtime column" to the "bath" column.
Post bath selfie.
The next day I went down to visit my mother and and she had some old pictures. I nabbed a picture of Pharoah and I from 1962. She didn't know how old I was, but calculated the date off of Pharoah's age. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt since I didn't live with her.
Apparently I like Pharoah enough to grace him with one of my kisses,
I found a picture of my mother, obviously while they were living in Hawaii.
This is Beachboy with her. Again, she didn't know when or where it was, but knew how old Beachboy was.
And a current photo of my mother and Andy. They are moving from this apartment back to a rental house in Shelton next month.
Saturday the Walkers came to stay with us for the weekend. Since the weather was nice, we plopped into chairs outside and watched Reagan play in the fountain. Carissa was enjoying her off-duty-ness and put her feet up to relax. Btw, those are Reagan's Converse, not Carissa's.
The whole Walker family gathered on our steps for Reagan's snack time.
With everything going on, Grampa managed to squeeze in a nap.
Then he helped with the al fresco diaper change. Reagan loves those. I'd say it was time for a diaper change and she'd just lay down on the grass and put her feet up. We'd dust the grass from the last diaper change off, set her up with a new diaper and off she'd go!
Although this was my Mother's Day gift, Reagan has gotten my money's worth by playing in it for hours and hours. Here she mixes it up a bit and cools her feet...and everything below her feet.
Guard dog Grampa on duty while Reagan plays in the fountain while Bear looks on as well. Some safety team they are.
This was taken before she soaked her jeans and had to be stripped.
Reagan literally spent HOURS trotting around our yard looking at things, talking to things, and yelling at things. I followed her at about this distance the entire time since she wouldn't stay out there alone with me supervising from a chair in the center of the yard.
Although it looks like Reagan is running across a plush lawn, this is actually what the yard looks like after last years rain. If it weren't for the weeds, there wouldn't be any green at all.
Saturday we had a nice dinner here and Kyanne and Ryan joined us. As usual, I forgot to take pictures. Reagan took a moment from her playing in the sink to wash potatoes for dinner...complete with foaming hand soap.
Sunday we took Reagan to the Cougar Mountain Zoo. It's just a tiny little zoo but they have white tigers like her beloved little white tiger buddy, Rhar, Rhar.
They also had a standard issue orange tiger in the same cage, complete with dangling white tiger tail.
Reagan loved watching the emu get cooling showers and we stayed there for a long time.
Since it was warm, we took the opportunity for another al fresco diaper change and a snack.
This zoo has some really nice bronze animal sculptures but they were too hot to engage with. Although she knew this gator was hot and we had test-touched it with the back of her hand, she still wanted her picture taken with it so Grampa helped her stand on him while I took a picture.
She loved this blazing hot little zebra foal sculpture so much she gave it a quick air-hug.
The zoo is up on a hill side and had a beautiful view of Lake Sammamish and the surrounding area. Reagan got more excited about seeing the cars below on I-90 than the white tigers.
No trip to the zoo with grandparents is complete without looking at the pictures on the ice cream freezer.
The best part of the entire zoo was walking up and down next to the sign for the birthday house reading and touching the letters. This is long after I had become tired of reading the letters over and over and over.
Back home she headed straight for her fountain. This time she opted for the more casual stool than the comfort of her Adirondack chair.
Of course she got totally soaked in the fountain and wanted all her wet clothes off then went for her second most favorite activity here...mowing with her bubble mower.
She likes me to put her up in the fork of the tree her mom used to play in all the time. She looks mighty independent (and sooo Chelsea) in her "Normal is Boring" shirt. This is a very appropriate shirt since most people don't stand around in trees without their pants on.
A quick snack break while watching the main dance of the movie "Grease".
and off to the fountain with a more alert grampa to watch afters her.
One of the reasons Chris and Carissa were over here was to go to the 2 Cellos concert in Seattle. If you haven't seen them, you should go to this video. They play modern music on...cellos.
As a thank you for watching Reagan so they could go to this concert, Carissa brought us a piece of someone's counter top project. Thanks Roo, I'll treasure it forever!
I'm going to sign off now and finish enjoying my 84 degree evening on the patio.






































Awesome pictures of your favorite subject Reagan. Crazy seeing you in a dress when you were young....
ReplyDelete