Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Chapter 347


Happy Belated Anniversary to Carissa and Chris!

As usual, I'm a week behind on my wishes but we mean them just as if I'd posted them on time!

The weather was great this weekend and as much as we wanted to go out and play in it, we had backyard things to get done. Job One was to get Reagan's fountain out and ready for her next visit.

Then I finally put the new greenhouse to work by planting my garden seeds to give them a head start. Now if I can get them big enough to release into the garden without cooking, freezing, drying them out or knocking them over, this new plan will be a success. But we all know how I am at growing things. In a few weeks I'll probably be at Home Depot buying the wilted leftovers to plant in my garden to make a go of it.

We got all the dirt and automatic irrigation into the garden beds. The brown pointer is showing you the water controller. The white pointer is showing you the first thing I planted in the new garden. An old onion that bolted in it's basket in the garage. Since it's already an onion and doesn't have shoots like a potato would, will it grow more onions or just get onion tops?

Reagan really goes through the bubbles in her bubble mower. It takes a lot of bubbles to mow an entire acre! Even if there are bubbles in the mower, she stands next to her mower and orders us to fill the bubble tank on her mower even more. No arguments from Grama and Grampa, we just fill the tank as "requested". This 1 1/2 gallon of bubbles  with it's own push button spout should mow a lot of grass!

Whatever it is in the bottom of my brain that comes up with strange ideas was at it again. For some reason, I've always wanted to paint crows on the gate to the backyard. Bob wouldn't let me so I cut them out with my Silhouette cutter and glued themm to some old sheet aluminum that Bob had in the scrap pile, cut them out with scissors and screwed them to the fence. No paint. It's a win-win. We both got what we wanted. He got no painted crows, I got crows.

There has been so much tree pollen flying around we could see it in the air. It's EVERYWHERE. Look at it piled up on Reagan's slide. I even wiped this much pollen off with a towel before she went sliding last week.




Carissa took Reagan to the beach and Reagan made herself right at home!


A good day at the beach means sand on your hands and seaweed in your hair.


After a busy day outside, a snuggle with Blankie is a must.


Reagan is 22 months...already.


Memory-making with Daddy.
 .




1 comment:

  1. Seven years? No way could time be flying by that quickly! Love the crows, might need find out more about this Silhouette cutter you have.....

    ReplyDelete