Total Pageviews

Monday, January 4, 2016

Post 331



I hope you all have had a chance to rest and recover from your Christmas activities and travels.





“Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.”

-Benjamin Franklin



It's time for the annual Walkerfest beer tasting event on Christmas Eve. I have to get the perpetual award glass cleaned up and engrave my name on it before someone steals it from me.

Then, although suspected, I found out for sure why there are splinters under the peanut butter feeder. He was busily eating peanut butter then trying to get his mouth unstuck. Happy Christmas Eve little squirrel.

Then he ran around to the roof and taunted Nitro who was lounging on his kitty pole waiting for Santa.

Speaking of lounging, Bob took a quick nap so he was rested and ready for Reagan when we got to her house.

Chris and Carissa started an annual beer tasting event last year (hence the perpetual glass above). We all bring our entry for the specified categories. Reagan and Bear supervised the sorting of entries by Kyanne then had themselves some nice ice snacks.


Reagan thought I needed ice snacks too and kept feeding me ice like I was an empty barrel.

Chief Pourer and Smooth Hopterator Kyanne takes her place to begin the blind pouring.

Ryan thinks carefully about his selection before he votes his choice.

When Reagan thought everyone was busy, she did a back-door sneak attack on the ice snacks.

Bob got an award for his cup sculpture in the "Creative Cup:" category and was rewarded with a bottle of Trader Joe's salt-free seasoning.

For my R2D2 1st Place sculpture, I received a can of Grecian eggplant with tomatoes and onions.

Ryan and Kyanne got "Cutest Use" of the Creative Cup challenge.

Chris decorated his cup as a Christmas tree--with a light inside--to earn his can of Trader Joe's Maine Clams.

Carissa won perpetual trophy cup with the highest overall score. That beer in her hand? It's her "Creative Cup" entry--lemon Jell-o with a whipped cream head.

Carissa didn't waste any time making sure I engraved her name on the glass so she could make sure the rest of us knew who won.

Kyanne and Ryan's duel entry. Notice the two cups.

Bob's melted beer cup Chihuely art.
 

Chris' Christmas tree--with lights.

Carissa's realistic and creative Jell-o and whipped cream entry.

And coming in at First Place, although I didn't win the overall score, was R2D2.

Presents. This was the first year Reagan really started getting the idea of Christmas. No speed-tearing allowed by Reagan. Each present was opened carefully, inspected thoughtfully, and test-played before the next present could be opened.

Since Reagan likes creative activities, I made her a set of felt shapes and a felt-topped box to keep them in. I made shapes, sea life, food, clothes, etc., each in their own little labeled bag in an easy to carry box.

Here Grampa and Reagan play with the sea life on the larger felt board I made to go with the set.

This is the paper-doll and clothes set.

No Christmas Eve is complete without jammies. Victoria's Secret extra-long for the girls and construction equipment for Reagan.

Bear doesn't want to be left out of anything and can be found nearby the action, coincidentally this is also where Reagan is.

Christmas morning Reagan opened her stocking.
 

Exploring the fact that her Olaf book has arms.

She hit Grampa up for a bit of Llama Llama Gram & Grandpa. (I can never remember if titles are supposed to be italicized, capitalized, or underlined so to cover them all, I do it differently each time.) 

I hope you all had a fun and fulfilling Christmas...for those that had challenges this season. Hang in there. Next Christmas will be spectacular!



















No comments:

Post a Comment