Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Chapter 335




 Editor's Note: Please forgive the Christmas countdown graphic on my blog. Despite repeated efforts, I can't figure out how to remove it.

Last year I cleaned out the shop and got rid of lots of old stuff that had been there way longer than the 10 years I had been there. Imagine my surprise when I am looking for a recycled cabinet and I find several of the very same objects that I threw away? This is the old delineascope projector I found on the top shelf of what we call the skinny closet. Fred didn't want to get rid of it in case our new projector went out. We not only have two 5 year old "new" projectors, I had yet another in a box and we are got a new smart projector this year. I don't see this would be pressed into service anytime soon.
These are some of the table tops from the woodshop:



As long as we are tiptoeing through memory lane, here is a picture that Facebook came up with for me to share again of Reagan hitting her first moose. My how much Reagan has grown both in size and personality!


And, since I didn't have a very exciting week, I'll keep throwing the "heritage" stuff out there. Look what Chelsea found while going through our photos. I look like I'm part Tyrannosaurus Rex. I even have that stupid one-brain cell look on my face.


Bob's big project for the week is to put the hitch on the new Subaru. 


It required taking the entire back end of the car off which, as it turned out, was only one big solitary piece of plastic.


I found this little flappy thingy on the side of the car very fascinating. There are four rubber flappys that vent under the giant bumper shown above. When the doors are closed, the pressure is relieved through the little flappys instead of your eardrums having to do all the work. Genius.


I've always wanted a back-up camera on my car and since we've had the Subaru with it's camera, I got an extremely bad case of back-up camera envy. Bob bought the camera now his next project is to install it. An easy project if I had back-up lights to attach it to.

This, Chelsea, is the ice formation I was telling you about that I find so fascinating. It pushed the surface gravel up about 1.5 inches with these really cool ice crystals.





Playing is serious business. 

Vacation is tiring business.

Painting is serious business.

Reading is serious business.

Shaving cream art is serious business.

Visiting with Grammie and Grampie Walker on the computer with Daddy is fun business!






1 comment:

  1. Wow--look at how long your arms and legs are in that picture! Can you imagine wearing shorts like that again? lol

    ReplyDelete