We all know what happened in Paris and it's a sad thing indeed.
Back in 2001 on 9/11, Paris offered their support by placing a huge American flag in front of the Eiffel Tower.
With the Paris Massacre , the world has turned out in a big way to show their support of France.
The Tokyo Skytree.
Tallin, Estonia.
Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janero.
The White Tower in Thessaloniki, Greece.
The Sydney Opera House, Australia.
The Peace Bridge between the U.S. and Canada.
The London Eye, England.
Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden.
Toronto tower, Alberta, Canada.
Aukland Museum, New Zealand.
Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany.
Taipai 101 Building, Taiwan.
Senate Building, Mexico City,
Tel Aviv City Hall.
Meanwhile we were being invaded on a muuuuch smaller scale. We had a pretty large hawk come sit on the fence. Between the squirrel and the hawk there weren't any of our little birds anywhere to be seen.
Cooper's hawks like to snatch their to-go dinners out of mid-air. I think the concentration of little birds coming to our feeders has attracted the hawks. However, Mr. Not So Smart needs to be sitting in a tree somewhere waiting for his little air born snacks. Sitting with the feeders sort of puts a damper on the whole snacking thing.
Saturday Mary Lou and I braved the pouring rain to go to the craft & sewing show in Puyallup. After the show we went to Mary Lou's for lunch. I didn't even see Sugar on the table when we came in. She blends right into the kitchen.
My umbrella wasn't up to the task of protecting me from the rains and it did all sorts of anti-social evil umbrella activities like turning inside out, collapsing, etc. Then it chose not to close when we got back to the car. Since I couldn't find a pedestrian without their own umbrella to offload it to, I had to cram it into the car open. By the time I git home, I was so done with it I just stuffed it into the trash and headed into the house.
Periodically my phone dredges up old photos and sends them back to me. Today it sent me this photo of Bob babysitting Reagan. Well done, Grampa!
It also sent me this picture. I put this together a couple of days ago. It's Reagan at 17 months and as a newborn. My how she's changed!
This morning we woke up to snow. Nitro looked out the window and said "What the heck?" then he went into NASCAT mode running from window to window trying to see if this was happening to the whole window or just this one.
The view from the upstairs window. The snow didn't slow down our little freeloaders from grabbing their morning meal.
Bob braved the grueling snowmageddon to fill the feeders to be sure the little freeloaders can continue to freeload.

It looks like quite the storm.
Later we were going to Olympia to meet the kids at the Children's Museum. I took a picture of the homestead as we drove away.
Once we got into the valley, all the snow was gone and fall had returned. The fall colors are still really pretty.
Reagan had put it in high gear and didn't want to be captured by people or pixels. Just like taking animal pictures at the zoo, all I get is the back of the animal as they turn to run away. In this case, it was part of Reagan as she made a break for it.
Every other kid thinks this boat activity is cool. Reagan thinks it's just another trip on her personal yacht that the State of Washington conveniently lets her use when she needs to get around.
I wanted to capture a cute moment, but all I got was Reagan executing
a cut-and-run maneuver.
Like mother, like daughter.
Keeping true to form, two out of three Walkers appear for a family pic.
Reagan is 17 months old!!! (Internet bikini top added by Grama.)
Although Reagan is sitting in a playtoy at the mall, it looks like she's been badly PhotoShopped into the middle of the mall.
Reagan gets her science education watching a complicated fermentation process.





































No comments:
Post a Comment