
Blatherskites, mark this day on your calendar. For today is Babbling Day. This isn't a day to remain silent. Tell everyone you know about this special day.
Some in this family, and I won't point fingers, have a natural talent and should be celebrating National Babbling Day come Wednesday.
Kurt is starting to take control of his program and as a result, I found myself with a free moment that I didn't have to point the fire extinguisher at yet another flame. So I dug up my Teatanic tea ball and good jasmine tea that Mary Lou and I bought in Victoria last year and had a nice cup of tea. Not a relaxing put-your-feet-up kind of tea, but a hope-I-don't-spill-it-on-my-work kind of tea.

Kurt is starting to take control of his program and as a result, I found myself with a free moment that I didn't have to point the fire extinguisher at yet another flame. So I dug up my Teatanic tea ball and good jasmine tea that Mary Lou and I bought in Victoria last year and had a nice cup of tea. Not a relaxing put-your-feet-up kind of tea, but a hope-I-don't-spill-it-on-my-work kind of tea.

Starting out with a fresh new teacher, I figured I could slide my birthday by Kurt and no one would be the wiser. Fred turned my plan upside down when he brought a birthday gift at school. He brought me this awesome skelemingo which is very happy with the rest of our flock.
While I'm mooning over my skelemingo and loss of birthday privacy, Bob is out in the garage tearing the rear end out of the XJS to fix the emergency brake. The emergency brake is hard to set and gets forgotten on a regular basis. The emergency brake's solution was to grind down enough of the brake pad that it didn't interfere with the drive if it got left on. However, that doesn't mesh with Bob's plan of being able to keep the car stopped with it.
Saturday we went to a Jaguar Tech Session at a Jaguar repair shop. The place is an old horse ranch so our Jag was glad to be among horses once again.
The guys all gather in Andy's shop while he shows them the intricacies of some do-jiggie or another.
Andy's muffler collection. Although it just looks like a pile of metal, I'm sure Andy could wade into them and tell you what every single muffler belongs to.
We came home from our Tech Session to find our Comcast cable/phone/tv/internet were out. That left us with nothing to do but watch Nitro choose the best bed for bird watching (How does his itty bitty kitty brain decide whether to lounge in the top bunk or bottom bunk?)
Then watched Nitro play on his Turbo Track. How sad are we? No sooner did we go to bed than I received the text from Comcast that our service had been restored. Thank goodness. Nitro would crack under the stress of entertaining us every night.
Today we went to the Tacoma Children's Museum to watch Reagan play. We all played with Reagan had a really good time. I do not understand parents that sit on their phones and let their kids run wild making memories that do not include special times with Mom and Dad.
Reagan enjoyed the water area. You can see her carefully studying what Carissa is doing.
Reagan's concentrating on her bug net but is aware of an intruder encroaching on her territory.
As the little intruder moved into Reagan's bubble. Reagan looks up, scrapes her eyes over the intruder from head to toe, then would have called her a very special name if she had learned it yet so she settled for a nasty look and double foot stomp. Message received. Intruder moved away.
After the museum we all walked down to Harmon Brewing for lunch. Sunday kids eat free so Reagan got her own little mac 'n cheese meal. I liked this picture of Reagan and the old wheel since Reagan's wheels are always turning and hatching a new plan.
Reagan and her proud Grampa.
Reagan in her cute little boots and bucket on Point-No-Point Beach
Reagan in the Viking town of Poulsbo wearing her viking hat. Her Swedish roots are shining through.
A beer carrier and pom poms make for a good morning.
Carissa is awesome about having stimulating toys and activities for Reagan on the days they are home together. Here Reagan is using an ice tray for a paint palette...
...and a picture that's as good as any of the Old Masters.
Reagan found a new lumpy best friend at the market and won't go anywhere without it.
"Hey, what you lookin' at. I'm eatin' he-ah!"
























Hope you had a great birthday--now you are as old as me!
ReplyDelete