As Chris and Carissa make space in their house for Reagan to spread out, things have to go. One of those things is our pinball machine they had on load from us. We picked it up last weekend and Bob has spent the week sprucing it up and getting it ready to sell.
I'm always amazed how he can figure out what each part of this electronic spaghetti does.
Even with a drawing. It's fascinating to know that it used to take all these mechanical switches to do what modern electronics does in the size of a phone. How did people even think of these things?
Here Bob replaces one of the scoring thingies. He had to really get into the guts and remove a lot of stuff to get to it.
Somehow all of this stuff went back into the right place and the machine worked great afterwards.
The work on our shop continues. I am absolutely amazed at some of the shortcuts that are taken to shave a minute or two off of the job. Here they put the new room number sign up over our calendar. This calendar had become part of the landscape and I didn't even realize it was there. I wouldn't have minded if he would have pulled out a tack and lifted the corner up to put the sign up. Heck, I would have been fine with him ripping the whole darn poster down. As it was, I had to go find a razor knife and cut around the sign before I removed it. It took me a whole lot longer to clean up after him than if he'd just lifted the corner of the calendar up!
Kurt, our new instructor is trying to work out systems that work for him and this includes getting his classroom organized. He decided he wanted this cabinet,
but we couldn't find one through our contracted sources. While making my rounds at one of the thrift stores, I found exactly the cabinet Kurt wanted. The down side is that I had to take two cabinets for $5 instead of just the one I needed. The next step was to get them crammed into my car and take them the two blocks back to school. Since my car is distinctive, I heard former students screaming my name as I loaded the cabinet into my car. By the time they got there to help me, I had it loaded. I took it back to work and Kurt was delighted. I'm glad he was happy with my adventure.
Just a tip for future gardeners out there. DO NOT plant your carrot seeds in those little fabric peat pots. The carrots can't easily break through the fabric and you end up with really deformed carrots. Yes, they are supposed to be strange colors. That is ok.
Today the the family met at the Lunchbox Laboratory in Gig Harbor for my birthday lunch.
Although it was my birthday, you-know-who got all the attention. No, not Kyanne, Reagan. Kyanne did, however, tie dinner napkins on Reagan's pony tails. Amazingly they stayed there the entire meal.
Kyanne and Bob were showing Reagan how to stick her tongue out so now she wants to see everyone's tongues.
The moment is over, but Bob is still showing her his tongue.
Aunt Kyanne keeps Reagan giggling.
I got a really pair of nice hummingbird earrings. It seems now that we've starting feeding the birds, I'm labeled as the "bird lady".
I made a paper cup for Reagan to play with and Carissa ended up wearing it. We had a really good time and we always enjoy seeing the family.
When Kyanne and Carissa were learning math, we used the sale signs at the mall to learn percentages and whatever else I could teach them on the sly without them knowing they were learning math. While I was at the aforementioned junk store, I found this book and just had to buy it. It's too soon for Reagan to use it, but maybe I can learn a thing or two before she grows up and challenges my math.
"Dad. Dad! Get off the phone, it's all about me, remember?"
Carissa already has Reagan engineering figuring out how things work using simple tape, paper towel rolls, and the internet.
More of Carissa's awesome toys for Reagan.
Wandering aimlessly through rows of cucurbita pepo (a.k.a. the common pumpkin) looking for just the right one. Why, she doesn't know yet.
























Good thing I'm back--looks like no one else leaves you comments!
ReplyDelete