For whatever reason, I've become obsessed with watching the International Space Station (ISS). I get my ISS notifications and if the sky is clear and I'm awake, I run out to the backyard and watch for it. I find it hard to believe that there are actually space guys up there doing space guys stuff. This particular warm morning, I stood outside in my bare feet with my iced tea and waited for the ISS to pass over. This was the brightest I've ever seen it! Check it out at spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/#.Vgd5B8tViko
I noticed a cloud of our goldfinches take off from the feeders and head for the trees. I looked out to see what had cause the panic only to see a large bird sitting on the fence. I had to look it up to what it was. I discovered it was a Coopers Hawk and it's favorite meal is small songbirds. My bird feeders must look like a buffet in Las Vegas to that hawk!
This picture won't be of interest to everyone, but it's amazing to me. For the remodel, we got a new glass door that allows us to see the rest of the world...and they removed the old gym that was just outside of it so we can now see the stadium across the street. We had a little show 'n shine so the new students could bring in their own cars so I put mine in the shop first in front of the new door. I still can't get over the new view.
As you all know, we live in Auburn, Washington and amazingly Chris' parents live in Auburn, Maine. Both living in Auburn but on completely different coasts. While looking at this displaced yardstick in our classroom and wondering where to put it, I noticed it's also from Auburn. Auburn, Maine. Obviously it doesn't take much to entertain me.
JoAnne is taking a much-deserved trip to Hawaii with two lifetime friends. JoAnn sent us this picture of the SPAM aisle in a grocery store she went to. Look at all that SPAM. Hawaii is home to the U.S.’s highest percentage of Spam-eaters per capita, with the islanders chowing down on an estimated 7 million cans each year and home of the SPAM Jam each year.
This weekend we got to go to Kingston to watch Reagan while the Cs went somewhere. We sent Reagan a selfie so she could see we were on our way.
Carissa had a mishap at work that resulted in an Ace bandage but as far as Reagan is concerned, it works perfectly well for snuggling.
Reagan immediately ran Grampa through his paces; reading,
sandbox,
slide,
and finally, a snack.
Reagan enjoyed dragging my headphones around so Gatsby would follow her. Kids toys nowadays don't have any strings on them so she enjoyed experimenting with dragging things. Fortunately, my headphones lived through the experience.
You know how it is when you need a haircut, the world just not right. And once you come to this conclusion, you want a haircut NOW!
So Carissa took Reagan to get her bangs trimmed and the world was righted again.
Reagan even got a cute little certificate as a memento of her first positive encounter with scissors.
Reagan and Chris out enjoying the fresh air.
Reagan like to run around an inspect her private yacht while enroute to Seattle or Edmonds. To her, ferry travel is just another day.
Reagan inherited a baby doll bed (and the shirt she has on) from Payton. Reagan decided the doll was not worthy of the bed so she pitched her out and climbed into the bed herself.
Viking Reagan at the WWU extension campus.
Hmmm...was the candy down this aisle or the next?
Have a good week everyone!

























No comments:
Post a Comment