Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Chapter 279

 Today is the day we see who plays in the Super Bowl. Appearing in alphabetical order are the teams I am hoping to win today...or have probably already played before you read this. 

Go 

Go

As you can see, we have a Patriot and a Seahawk in the family so that's the match up we are hoping to be the Super Bowl. It'll make for a friendly family rivalry.

Meanwhile. back in Oklahoma, I was helping Bobbie pack up a few tidbits she wants to clear out of her house...and no...not to make room for more.

Gram painted this Spanish lady in the '70s and this creepy lady has been watching us live our lives for 40+ years. She used to scare me the way she stared at me as I walked up and down the hallway to my room.

One of the activities on our agenda for the day was to take Pixie and Bambi to Petco to get their itty bitty doggy nails clipped. I was in charge of Pixie wrangling. 

Afterwards we went to Bobbie's friend, Jerri's house. Jerri took us out to the garage to check out the car her husband had restored. Jerri is planning on donating it to a museum. Parked next to this Chrysler(?) is a fully restored Model T. What a garage full of cars.

Speaking of Bobbie's friends, we went to visit another of her friends, Becky's house for a quick visit. Becky is in the process of Christmas un-decorating but her front portico is still decorated. It looks just like something from Martha Stewart. 

Becky's assistant is in the process of de-Christmas decorating the dining room. Becky collects silver and her mansion (yes, really) is full of beautiful silver and antiques. This dining room is so big, there are other dining room tables on display on their sides. We have barely enough room for our own one table.

Look at this table-high food warmer...and it's all sterling. 

One of the alcoves in the dining room has a silver collection in it. As you can see, although there is a lot of sterling in this house, every scrap of it is uber-shiny. 

To shake things up a bit, there is also this beautiful, shiny, coffee server. Wowee, Becky has some beautiful stuff!

I don't know the exact count, but with 10 or so bedrooms and several sitting rooms, there's always room for fun stuff like this little airplane in the entry way.

The next day, I headed to the airport to make my way home. This is one of the tornado shelters available to us airport goers here in Tornado Ally. I'm not clear sure this is where I want to die.

Flying has degenerated over the years from a fun adventure where you feel pampered after a flight to being stuffed into an aluminum tube like pickles in a jar and definitely NOT feeling like you've been pampered. 

Nitro was glad to see me when I got home and I took him for a nice walk in the backyard.

Nitro got to grab a yummy mouthful of fresh green grass. He loves to eat grass on his walks but now we have to walk until he barfs it all back up before we can go back in the house. 

After a good barf and his post-walk snack, Nitro settles into watch his Mew-vie for a while.

Since Reagan was coming to visit this weekend, Bob was busy child-proofing the family room. Our kids had to "learn" when they pulled stuff over on themselves. Reagan gets child-proofing. Hmph!

Look what I found while I was at the children's consignment store this week! Isn't it adorable? Once I saw it I had to have it. It's brand new but a good deal at my favorite consignment store.

Of course, Bob had to put some Jaguar badges that Dad gave me on the fenders to make it a real classic.

Wouldn't you know? On Reagan's first drive, she hit a moose!  

Kyanne asked me to go to the Pantages Theater in Tacoma to see the Peking Acrobats. The Pantages Theater was built in 1901 and has been restored to a great showplace along with the revitalization of the downtown Tacoma Theater District. Ryan's mom, Mary, joined up with us to make a fun evening out.

Look at the detail in the columns.

The Peking Acrobats were pretty amazing to watch...until the guy stacked 7 chairs on 4 wine bottles them did a handstand on top of the whole stack.

The troup was colorful and amazing to watch. Thanks Kyanne to think to take me to see them.



Reagan is an official Main-ah. (Mainer to the rest of us.) Chris and Carissa got Reagan an L.L. Bean bag as her souvenir of her first trip to Maine. As you might remember from last week's post, Reagan went to L.L. Bean and had her picture taken on the Bean Boot.

Wherever Reagan is, Bear is. Reagan loves Bear and he is her constant companion. Although They are always toget, prefers to orbit Reagan and not 

Remember when she used to love to kick her piano when she was just a little thing? As you can see, Bear was watching over her even then.
Reagan is old enough to enjoy her old kick piano in an upright position now and really loves to do a little rock 'n rollin' with it.


Have a good week, Everyone!




P.S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment