I've spent a considerable amount of time at Mercy Hospital staring at whatever there is to stare at. One of those things I have stared at is this awesome snack delivery system. You get cute little bags or bowls and buy the different snacks for those long hours in a waiting room or at your desk.
Another welcome sight at the hospital was this phone charging station. At this critical time when people need to use their phones this station is the most valued item in the hospital.
I took this picture of a jaguar prowling across the mantel in the night.
Now here's a couple of shirts that you won't find in the liberal state of Washington, even in Walmart like I did these.
While I was at Walmart, I took saw this truck in the parking lot covered with the red dirt of Oklahoma and relieved of those pesky truck pieces that make a truck look like a truck.
The red dirt here is soo cool looking. I suppose if you lived here you'd be sick of the red, red, red everywhere. As a visitor, I think it's really pretty.
Another Oklahoma sight from Walmart. This cross almost larger than the water tanks. It's over 3 stories tall.
Here is a giant media tower next to the freeway on the way to the hospital. It was so foggy this morning that less than half the tower was visible as I headed toward Mercy Hospital. The tower is over 1,650 feet tall.
One of the many "thirsty birds" dotting the landscape.
The evening sky here is very expressive. This is the sky from the back steps of the hospital as we left one evening. It's so interesting to see crisp cloud edges when we just have low ceilings with no apparent ends to the clouds.
While Bobbie and I were in downtown Edmonds, we stopped at the "Around the Corner" cafe. Although it's an old cafe', the place was spotless with lots of historical pictures and old-timey nick knacks to look at.
They printed their menu on this cute little newspaper. As you can see, the special was enchiladas and eggs. Although it didn't sound the least bit tasty, since I've never had it, I figured I'd better try it.
I forgot to take a picture before I dug into it, but here it is in it's mid-eaten stage. Amazingly, it was a very good combination and I scarfed it right down.
One of the curiosities in the restaurant was a rooster cross-stitched onto a flat basket. I never would have thought of that. Cool.
At the antique store next door we excavated some beautiful dresses. They were old, silk, and hand-beaded. The craftsmanship in these dress was soo awesome. All the beads on these dresses were glass and they were very, very heavy. These must have cost hundreds of dollars brand new. These belonged to an early oil executives wife. Like the jewelry in Oklahoma, the dresses are sizable too. I wish I needed a beautiful beaded dress for only $35 for an upcoming event. Maybe I could wear it to the garage to watch Bob sand paint or rebuild his harmonic balancer.
Another beautiful Oklahoma sky from the hospital.













.jpg)
Hey--please let us know how your dad is doing ok? And pick yourself up one of those dresses to wear to Bi-Mart down here!
ReplyDelete