Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Chapter 267

Monday when I left work the sky was black, Black, BLACK! I had some errands to run and I rushed through them before the wicked witch came blowing through wearing her red shoes. After all that racing around I arrived home and ready for the rain to start pounding. Nothing. By the time I got home it was sunny! Not just cleared off but sunny! Silly Northwest weather.

 The action outside the window is moving right along. Concrete was poured right outside our door during a presentation and it sounded like a herd of cows pooping just outside our classroom door. It looks like there will be more poring this week so I'm sure we'll be hearing it again.

There were six students at the window watching the action. It's like the Discovery Channel. I keep expecting Mike Rowe to come wandering through making some sort of joke about the workers or noises the concrete was making as it splashed against the classroom door.

Carissa and Chris had a memorial to attend so they dropped Reagan by for me to watch while they ran to Kent for a couple of hours. As you can see I did not do all the babysitting by myself.  Kaila, Carlos, Amir, and Sergei all took good care of Reagan and she never had a dull moment. It was fun to see the "tough" guys go all mushy with a baby.  I also stood her up at the window you can see in the back of the room to watch the construction workers in their bright shirts. That sure caused a lot of second looks when the glanced up and saw a baby in a high school classroom window.

The next day when I got home, I was getting the mail (an excuse to see why a fire truck was heading down our road with it's lights on) and while I was at the mailbox two more fire vehicles zoomed by. Before I could figure out where I needed to start my snooping, more fire vehicles careened around the corner, this time with their lights and sirens on. 

I casually drifted down the road, mail in hand, to see what's going on. I guess one of our longtime waving-acquaintance neighbors came home to the smell of natural gas. By the time the fire trucks arrived a little fire had started. The (very, very young) fireman said that the house was 5 minutes from total destruction. The sad part is that Judy and Ken were supposed to sign the final papers and move out next week. 38 years in that house with no problems then this, with one week to go.

Chris and Carissa took Reagan to the pumpkin park. Although it was raining, it's a must-do for parents of a 5 month old to get those cute memory pictures. I remember we loaded brand-new Kyanne up and packed her around the Point Defiance Zoo in a Snuggli pack when she was 5 weeks old. Kyanne didn't care a bit that we were there but we had fun "showing" her all the animals. Why is it you have to have a child along to legalize a trip to the zoo? It's not a crime to go the these places without children. Here Carissa and Reagan check out the realistic-looking pumpkin stools.

What a cute little pumpkin! 

Not wanting to alienate my readership, I've tried to go lighter on the Nitro pictures lately but Grampa Book said Dot liked them so I'm reintroducing them. I keep thinking nobody wants to see what we do all week then I hear from both grandparents that they love it and am glad I publish each week. So, dear readers, that's what I shall do.

 I was sewing some gifts for a friend's baby shower when Nitro decided to help. As you can see it's like when I help Bob. Everything comes to a screeching halt and nothing gets done.

It's hard to sew with a cat leg on top of "ground zero" making it so I can't see anything. 

Nitro likes to watch the needle go up and down. Although it's cat print fabric, I'm afraid this portable high chair will come complete with a real cat sewn onto it. I'm glad Kristen likes cats!

Here's Kristen at her baby shower. As you can see, burlap and pink are her baby shower theme.


Reagan at her weekly picture session. This one is her 19 week picture. Carissa takes one each week with her milestones on the blackboard. It's an awesome idea. Reagan is normally sitting on the chair so the sign is unobstructed. I'm not sure how this happened. She's getting the hang of sitting up and being cute.

Reagan at the pumpkin patch. Under the influence of pumpkins, her hair looks kinda red. I like the little tights.

Reagan checking out the pumpkin furniture again. I'm glad Mom and Dad were having a good time at the pumpkin park.

Carissa loves to show her baby textures as much as I did. I guess texture awareness is a genetic gift. Reagan loved the bumpy little squash, but apparently Bear loved it more since he kept stealing it from Reagan. 

Great-Grama Tutu sent Reagan a stuffed moose. Carissa put Reagan's moose jammies on and put her on a woodsy blanket for this moose photo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment