Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chapter 265

Nitro and I were celebrating the crisp fall air with a walk in the front yard. Since we have two newly-generated stumps I thought Nitro might like to sit atop the stumps and survey his kingdom. He loved it. He hopped right up there and settled in like he was going to stay there for the rest of the afternoon. Um. No.  I gave him a little time alone with his stump then "convinced" him he needed to come down and continue his walk. 

When the kids were little---over 30 years ago, Bob's parents bought the girls a school-quality table and chairs. Since the world was not yet homogenized by the internet, these tables were hard to get our hands on and a sizable investment when we did. That table saw many many art projects and much family life before it was relegated to the attic. When we bought the cabin, the table was busted out and put in the living room. Now that Reagan is here, we needed to replace the table so Reagan can have it at her house. You should have seen Chris' eyes when Bob told him that!

So I started looking around in the used stuff stores until I found this cabinet at St. Vinnie's thrift store. I waited hopefully to see if it was still there on Wednesday when could I get my 30% senior citizen discount. Apparently no one else had the vision I did  and it was still there when I returned. $20 for a cabinet!

We hauled the cabinet to the cabin and gave it q quick coat of white paint to match the "early attic" style we have going out there.

And now we have a new piece of furniture in the living room to pile stuff on. Chris, when do you want your new table delivered?

I saw a post on Facebook about Google tracking your location via Google Maps. I checked it out at https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0 and sure enough, here's all my travels for the last month. You can see our trip to Long Beach and up to Kingston to see Reagan.

And closer to home you can see my trips around town, my trip to Federal Way to pick up my ring, and to Valley Medical for a doctor appointment. I didn't realize how much I get around until I started looking at my day-to-day travel.

Speaking of picking up my ring, the family jeweler, Larry, is battling cancer (again), has retired and is working out of his home in West Seattle. If any of you need contact info, just let me know.

Once again, we made the migration to Washington Tractor in Sumner for a belt for the lawn mower. The cutest little John Deere baby things, farm equipment models, and John Deere toys are deviously placed so that all the grandfathers heading for the parts counter are forced to weave their way through the cutest stuff on Planet Earth before they can arrive at the parts counter...with toys in hand.

Thankfully, Reagan doesn't need a bike...or a tractor...yet. 

Part Deux of putting up the white trash tarp garage. We had to start by pulling out the old fence posts, Bob style. For this we use the engine hoist.  We discovered this system a few years ago and although it's difficult to drag the engine hoist where it was never designed to go, it sure makes pulling posts a lot easier.

While Bob is hard at work pulling posts, I am taking pictures of stuff in the back yard. Here's our dogwood tree with it's dark red fall leaves. My mother got this tree for us when Kyanne was in kindergarten.



Chris and Reagan laying on the grass at the cabin. I love this photo.

Reagan went to the fire station open house and was given a cute little fire person hat.  

My mother sent Reagan a stuffed moose. Both Reagan and Bear contemplate it's purpose in life. 

Nothin' but skin and bones. 

Ready to roll...in my stroller! 

Have a Good Week, Everyone!

For Carissa and Jenna...

No comments:

Post a Comment