One thing about my job is there is always something happening. In preparation for the new high school, we had to clear 10 cars from our storage cage.
This week I watched the hulk hauler haul 10 cars off to be crushed....
... watched interesting sights in the shop...
...and surprising sights on my desk.
I turned around from my computer to see a kitten wandering around on my desk. I don't know what was cuter, the kitten or all the guys making goo-goo eyes at it.
Since it was such a beautiful day, I stopped at the river park on the way home from work for my walk. Since it had been raining so much all week, the river was really high and all the low spots in the valley were full of water. The river usually runs well below these trees that are typically high on the banks. Here you can see the water is a couple of feet up the tree trunks.
As I was dusting the kitchen light Bob tells me, from his Command Center (chair) to be careful. Before he finished his sentence the fixture came crashing down and the bulb shattered all over the floor.
Oops.
After we were done laughing at the situation (or was it at me?), Bob swept up the glass while I pounded out the colander using a rubber frog coaster and a hammer.
Actually, it worked better that I took the colander down because I could thoroughly wash it in the sink instead of just lightly dusting it off. Clean lamp. Check.
The best part of the week was when our friends Fabio and Ann came for dinner. We have known Fabio since he was a fledgling engineer when I worked at Boeing back in 1978. Chris had not met him yet so we managed to wrangle all the kids to come to dinner. Typical for me. No photos of any of the important things we do, just the stupid stuff like kittens and broken light fixtures.
Fabio brought some awesome tenderloin and salmon and we had a great dinner filled with story swapping and catching up. Thank you Fabio and Ann for sharing your evening with us.
Today we went to Pyramid Brewery in Seattle so Bob could attend a Jaguar judging class. He passed the test and is now a Certified Jaguar Automobile Judge. Finally, I'll be able to sleep safe at night.
Have you ever seen and uglier cat in your life???
Have a good week Everyone!












No comments:
Post a Comment