Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chapter 214

Veteran's Day was sunny and beautiful. I went to Kyanne's and "the mountain was out". (Skip to the next topic if you are sick of mountain pics.)You know how I love my mountain pictures!

Since this picture was taken from the bridge that crosses I-5, I couldn't get a good picture of the mountain and the steeple together without getting run over since there was no good places to pull over for long.

Wednesday Bob took me to Silverdale to have cataract surgery on my other eye then over to Carissa's to "recover". I don't feel any different after surgery than before so recovery is minimal. Yay! I do have to protect my eye when I sleep so I don't rub my eyes during the night and dislodge the new lens.

While I was "recovering" Bob and Chris layed out the lighting for the bedroom renovation Chris and Carissa are working on. Gatsby does not have a curious bone in his body and steadfastly stared into space (for an overly long time) while the guys worked as if he would turn into a pillar of salt if he watched them work.

The show moved to the attic to drill a hole from the attic to the bedroom. The goal was not only to drill a hole for the electrical, but to instruct Chris how to drill said hole. It's very important that the insulation gets wound on the drill just right for a successful outcome. (Oops!) Note that Carissa is used to this work style and is laughing before the damage is completely done.

Saturday morning's excitement found me sewing a button on Chris' new jacket. Fortunately the excitement level of the day picked up after this.

Carissa and I ran some errands then had yummy Mongolian grill for lunch. We were both really hungry and it was very tasty. 

When Carissa and I got home from our errands, Bob had shredded the garage bathroom and had the remodel project well underway. Here's how things happen around here no matter how small or how large they may be. We may or may not have talked about doing some sort of project. Sometimes we plan it out completely, and sometimes I believe we are still in the planning stages when the Project Ninja strikes and the targeted area is shredded. Traditionally, the Project Ninja hits about 9:00 p.m. I get the idea that the project is underway when I see debris being ejected from the project zone.  This room was intact a couple of hours earlier when we left for errands.

After our errands, we lounged around the house while Carissa grumbled about sharing our work space We watched the Seahawks win their game and Carissa internetted...

...while I sewed up a few surgical caps to spice up her work scrubs outfits. I've been trying to make her a themed hat for each season. This time I made a turkey hat for Thanksgiving and several others that I had fabric for.

Of course I forgot to take a picture of the Snoopy fall leaves hat so it gets it's own picture.

Now that I am in possession of both my store-bought eyes, I can play with my new sewing machine. Woowhee, is it fun to use! I promised myself I am going to learn the stuff my machine can do on it's own before I connect it to the internet and download some other fancy stuff it can do. Check out the touch screen. Technology has certainly changed in 37 years!

The next project on deck is a baby quilt for a friend of Carissa's. I've never attempted a quilt before.  I scanned the fabric and created a big monkey that repeats the pattern in the fabric. My goal is to make a big monkey in the center of the quilt and some other stuff that's yet to be decided. Stay tuned to see if I have to make an emergency run to Babies 'R Us or not.

Have a good week everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment