Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chapter 213: Happy Veteran's Day!



This was a pretty quiet week.  Today we went to Home Depot and saw that they now offer Veteran's parking spaces...and, the rumor is, a 10% discount. Although a friend of my enjoys his 10% discount at the Bonney Lake Home Depot, I hear that not all of the stores offer this benefit.

Now that Bob has all the cars completed, he has set his eyes on the next project, or garage bathroom. That bathroom has always been a bit cheap gas station-y style to suit either of us but it was built within the budget at the time. We bought the new laundry sink and base cabinet at the Home Depot in Astoria to save some tax, but we couldn't fit the wall cabinet into the PT Cruiser so we picked it up today. Having a larger budget than last time, but still needing to be careful, we bought the unfinished cabinets saving over $100.

Last week we bought a couple of these light adapters to switch out our incandescent ceiling lights to energy-conserving - and more eye appealing - LED lighting. Costco had them for about 50% of the price found anywhere else so we replaced all 5 lights we had.

Friday afternoon we had a substitute teacher in the classroom. Here the sub is shown in the foreground of the picture. In the background is Ron, our welding teacher. The kids walked in the room, declared her a ______  and yup, the afternoon went exactly as it looks like it might. I hightailed it for the office to get some paperwork done so I wasn't part of the drama.

This weekend we had my friend Mary Lou and her husband over for dinner. Mary Lou and I enjoy talking about any topic we can come up with and the guys talked about cars. Since Doug is considerably shorter than Mary Lou there were also lots of short (and tall) jokes throughout the evening. Mary Lou is an amazing baker and she baked a scrumptious cranberry-apple pie. As usual, I forgot to take a picture of them so I stole this picture of Mary Lou and her very own garden gnome off her facebook page.  























Today wasn't sunny, but it was dry so we busted out one of the Jags and took a drive. Obviously we didn't put the top down so Bob and I hit our heads on the roof release handles each time we got in and out of the car without doing what about any other animal would do and that would be to learn to tuck our chins and preserve our noggins.  Anyway, I took this picture because the car and the tree almost match exactly.











No comments:

Post a Comment