Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chapter 110: The Emerald City


This Saturday the girl's and I were supposed to go to Seattle and hang out. UnfortunatelyHarry, being a typical child, hurt himself so his mom had to stay home and take care of him at the last minute.

Carissa and I went anyway and it was a beautiful day to pretend we were Seattle tourists. Of course I didn't take my camera, but I took some pretty good pics with my phone. We did lots and lots and lots of walking and shopping and very little buying. Impressive behavior for us, I must say.

After we'd been walking for a couple of hours, we decided to get pedicures. There are not a lot of places in Seattle that are not full-service (Read: Expensive) spas. We finally found Myano Nails and it was a teriffic place and not too expensive.

Here's Roo having a cup of tea and a relaxing pedicure.

After shopping and pedicures, a snack was in order. We had handmade crumpets and tea/coffee at The Crumpet Shop. The crumpets were awesome and the custom-blended-on-the-spot tea was terrific.

Here is Carissa post pedicure, post crumpet posing with a bronze pig.

Seattle from the waterfront pier.

The gum wall...a DNA extravaganza in Seattle.

 We wandered back into Seattle at sunset. The streets were crowded with people taking this iconic Seattle photo.

Carissa's ferry is steaming into the dock to pick her up. 

The colors in the sky were outstanding.

Carissa's ferry about to dock.

Good night, Seattle.

Good night, Seagull.

4 comments:

  1. I prefer term "personal yacht".

    Thanks for the fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are awesome phone pic's. Ever thought of shooting a wedding with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful night! I can't wait to get back to the gorgeous Northwest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to Myano's on my lunch break (I work in the building almost directly across the street) sometimes and get a mani... haven't had a pedi there yet though. Although it is on scary 3rd street I like the service as well as the price (VERY rare in Seattle)!!

    Glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete