The great comedian, W.C. Fields, is credited with the line, “Never work with children or animals.”
In my case, it's really hard to blog anything we have happening around here when the competition is an adorable real-live niece and clown-like granddogs. New stairs cannot begin to compare with the above!
As I'm sure you are all aware Dipper, our fur-child had to be put down because he was 'spritzing' (a lot) in the house. The result of this is that we had to totally redo the upstairs hallway and stairs because Dips had 'odorized' them.
Can you believe we've had this pink carpet for 18 years? This fact is verified by our on-site historian, Carissa.
...then installed them. We plan on adding a stair runner but for now, here are our new naked stairs:The bedrooms are next! The carpet in Carissa's room is 29 years old and the newer parquet in the other rooms is ugly. We are one step closer to getting rid of it.
Then at the end of school, we had this old donated truck left over to store. It had a recently rebuilt engine, and new upholstery in the box under the canopy. I bought it for $100. I figured Bob could clean it up and sell it to make money for his 240Z project. Stay tuned for updates--again, not as exciting as updates on Payton's doctor visits, but it's all we got around here.
And for lack of other material, I will leave you with a picture of my Five-minute Father's Day centerpiece with stuff from our yard.



LACK OF OTHER MATERIAL?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteNo beerfesting? Hm, not worth blogging about I guess...
YOU covered Beerfest just fine. I also took all my Beerfest pictures with YOUR camera and you didn't leave me any pictures before you left!
ReplyDeleteBTW: Thanks for taking us to Beerfest. We had a great time!
BTW: Your welcome. Wouldn't have been any fun without you guys.
ReplyDeleteVery impressed with your centerpiece and great meal.
ReplyDeleteI love the stairs and hallway, great job!
ReplyDeleteThat truck looks perfect for filling up with phone books and driving around neighborhoods!
ReplyDelete