Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chapter 37: You Can Do It!

Last week I got the news that my Aunt Karen was diagnosed with breast cancer. Thankfully she called me so I could give her my skewed view of how to deal with the baggage (or entire set of luggage) that this news brings with it.

Karen, here's our good wishes while you shake up the medical world as a patient instead of a nurse. Somehow find the humor in all of this. It really helps. Is there an emergency release button on a mammogram machine when they leave you alone and clamped in it while they develop pictures and order Starbucks? Why do they recommend you wear sunscreen yet burn the stuffing out of you with radiation? Because I didn't want a saggy rose when I am 93 1/2, I followed everyone's advice and didn't "permanently mark up my body" with a tattoo of my choice. Instead my first tattoos were medical dots. I should have gone for the saggy rose years ago when I wanted one.

Good luck to my crazy Aunty Karen shown here taking a picture of the ceiling at Roo's wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Tanya you know my thoughts and prayers are with Karen. With your great sense of humor you will send she will surley be able to keep a great outlook on this journey. Mom

    ReplyDelete