Total Pageviews

Monday, June 8, 2009

Chapter 8: Closure

Finally, closure. The last of the roof project has been completed.

Oh, we need to replace and paint the window trim, but otherwise it's done. Ryan and Kyanne have chosen a new trim that coordinates better with the new roof color.

It's been just over a year since we started the cabin roof last summer. All totalled we save about $45,ooo on the two roofs by doing it ourselves. Saving that money allowed us to buy our beach cabin...I guess it was worth it.

While I was doing the "happy dance" in the couryard celebrating the end of cutting roof pieces and running up and down the ladder a million times a day, Bob announced that we are going to roof our second garage after all. It'll give him something to do while I am in Alaska in a couple of weeks.

As of today, I'm DONE roofing.







1 comment:

  1. Done is a great word. It's not one I get to use often........

    ReplyDelete