While we were up at Bob's Dad's organizing things, I grabbed this stained glass eagle, my very first stained glass project that I made over 30 years ago.
And a project I made more recently...maybe 20 years ago.... this bunny that I made for Bob's mom.
Meanwhile, back at home, Nitro is going sink to sink searching the faucets for any water that might remain in them. Heaven forbid he drink out of a bowl like any other lowly normal animal.
Check out my new vegetable spiralizer! I can spiralize with my KitchenAid like no one's business. If something cylindrical sits still too long, it's going to find itself spiralized and that's a fact.
Check out my spiralized carrot. Even though carrots aren't much to eat, a spiralized carrot is a feast for the eyes!
While I'm spiralizing my veggies, Nitro is sitting at the sliding door thinking to himself that Bear look ridiculous sitting on the bottom step and watching for crows. Bear loves to chase down any crow that is stupid enough to land in our yard. If he, in his advanced age of 12, even notices if a crow has breeched his fortress.
Reagan loves to fuel her Jeep at an old stump out back. To make a more realistic refueling experience, we attached an old kitchen hose sprayer to her stump. Now she is really into refueling her Jeep at every lap around the yard. To add even more "fuel to the fire" and make for the perfect refueling experience, I stand next to the stump and fill her car like she lives in Oregon. It doesn't get any better than that!
And to follow the kitchen sprayer theme, Reagan really loved playing with a can of shaving cream in the kitchen sink. The shaving cream and water make lovely patterns on the black sink and she uses the sprayer to manipulate the streams of water and foam. If it only took shaving cream foam to entertain us all so easily.
Surprised that there was any shaving cream left, we managed to squeeze in a couple of batches of 3 ingredient fluffy slime...with sparkles... I have to admit, it was an addictive texture to play with. Watch her play with it here.
Our beautiful angel trumpet tree has been pruned and stored until next spring. Wish us better luck than we had last year when the tree rotted and we had to put it in the compost bin...where it finally got the picture and returned to life. Let's hope we don't have to implement that same growing plan again next spring.
Bob grabbed the old Hotpoint fridge that was in the basement of his parent's house. Then he got out his Griot's buffer and the other Griot's goop he has and polished the old guy up. The fridge, not Bob.
It looks like a brand new 1940's fridge when he was done. It replaced the old Coke Machine that was in it's place, and the little drink fridge we kept on top of it.
We've found it's nice to have a dedicated drink fridge so we don't have to displace the outdated food in our kitchen fridge. Now we have an even larger dedicated drink fridge and it's cool looking too!
While I'm enjoying the visual effectiveness of our dedicated drink fridge, Bob is out in the front yard vacuuming leaves with his Cyclone Rake. The Cyclone Rake has made owning leaves a much more palatable process than back in the manual rake days...especially for me.
Reagan is expanding her Jeeping horizons by riding down the sidewalk to a nice quiet cul-de-sac across the street. She only drove her Jeep off the curb once but she was committed to the move and somehow she rode it through to the end without injuring either of us.
After Jeeping, it was off to the park with kid and dog. Unfortunately I couldn't fit both the Jeep and car seat in one car so the Jeep had to stay home this trip. Here she sits on some weird overpriced award-winning sculpture of a calf with a tree growing out of it's back.
The fall leaves are beautiful, and although it does't really show here, the setting sun made these leaves just glow.
At some points, I think Reagan is a very intelligent person. At others...
Snuggling up in her little IKEA chair with her blankets, ready to watch one of her shows.
Reagan is 4 1/2 years old now and able to write her own sign. Now, for the moment, I'm back to thinking she's intelligent...
Dinner? Spiralized zucchini and yellow squash of course!





















No comments:
Post a Comment