Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Chapter 454

HAPPY NATIONAL HOMEMADE COOKIES DAY!

Fall is definitely upon us. The leaves are falling in the yard creating extra work for Bob but I will just enjoy the turning of leaves into beautiful fall colors.

Although I didn't plant pumpkins this year, we still had volunteers that produced pumpkins which I  harvested for the season.

This little guy...well, I have no idea what happened here. I think it's a product of seeds from last year's heirloom tomato crop that volunteered and is a genetic throwback of some sort.

This week we have the privilege of having Bear while the kids were in Maine. Bear knew he was being left and sat on his bed pouting after they left.

Then my Amazon box arrived and Bear gave it a good shaking up before we recycled it.

Remember that Jeep we got for Reagan last week? Well, guess who's out riding it? Not Reagan.

Nothing gets by Bear and he watches Grampa sweep the patio. Just like the kids, you can't let him out while you're sweeping up because he'll run right through all the piles ready waiting to be swept in a dustpan. It's a timeless problem for every sweeper. Then there is dust and yelling, and you can picture the rest of the scene.

Dinosaur bones are being transported through Home Depot in hopes of finding replacement skin somewhere in the soft goods section.

Seriously Bear? I'm trying to lay my fabric out so I can measure it. He was actually holding my fabric hostage until he got a treat from me. Of course, being my grand dog, he got his treat and I got my fabric back.

Later, at the same location, Bear flings himself to the floor in a doggie tantrum since he'd been scratching again and I made him put his cone back on.

Everyone goes out for some exercise in the yard each day. 

When I announced it was time to go in, both animals made directly for the house because they knew there was a "You get a snack when you voluntarily return to home base" treat when they returned.

When the kids went to Maine, Reagan got to sit in the cockpit of the airplane and get her photo taken with the pilot's hat. Since it was a red-eye flight, Reagan has her owl jammies on ready to sleep through the night. Kyanne and Carissa got to sit in the cockpit in Detroit once when our flight was delayed. History repeats itself.

And the fun was just beginning as Grammie and Grampie Walker take the junior Walkers to the Maine State Fair.

Reagan got to check out the Atlantic Ocean but since she hates the sound of waves so she chose to wear her muffs to tone it down.

Catching a fish at Grammie and Grampie's family camp in Rangely, Maine. It's great that she gets to experience the places where her daddy grew up!

Reagan NEVER just falls asleep when she's tired. She'd rather stay awake and be sure that since she is tired, everyone is else is miserable as well. But this time, she fell asleep with her PFD flapping and her mitten half off and she is out cold.

One of the activities that we did when the kids were small was tractor and engine shows. I guess there was a tractor show at the Maine State Fair and this old engine was used to power a spring horse. Click here to see the video of Reagan riding the old engine-driven horse.

Here's a bunch of old engines just like we saw at the shows we participated in. I bet Carissa is reliving her childhood as she walks through the displays.

Now go have that cookie and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment