Actually, the "holiday" sounds like it should be a funny one, but it originated as a way to get students to ask more questions in the classroom without feeling self-conscious. From some of the questions hear in the classroom each day, I think they have mastered this holiday.
I started the week off by having a bunch of plantar warts removed from the bottom of my foot. I was told to go home and rest. I ran errands then went home. I came home, kicked off my shoes and proceed to leave less than attractive footprints throughout the house. Bob got tired of cleaning up after me and I was confined to my chair with a new bandage on. I was grounded for the night and Bob watched me like a hawk to be sure I stayed put. With no other option left to me, I did stay grounded for the evening.
The next morning I got this beautiful view of the sunset from work. I used to have a nice view of Mt. Rainier, but since they moved the school, all I get to see is the sunrise now.
Bob wanted me to borrow an air tank for this week's slalom from school. Since we originally donated it to school, it wasn't a problem. The problem began when Bob decided to bring the tank in to fix Nitro's pole in the house while I was behaving and quietly watching "Moana". Seriously? He couldn't take the pole out to the shop to fix? Men. I'll never understand them.
While I was grounded, I made the slalom awards so the time wasn't completely wasted.
We had a great day at the slalom and we even had some blue sky for a while. Here's Bob running the XJS. He had to put the top down so his already fat head & helmet inside. Happily, Bob had a friend from work provide ballast which made me especially happy that I didn't have to ride in circles again.
After Bob did his five runs in the XJS, he and Layne moved to the next Jaguar and did five more runs. Thanks Layne for letting me sit under the scoring table out of the rain and take pictures!
The XJS sits ready and waiting for it's turn at the slalom.
Bob is screeching the XJS around the slalom pattern and having a great time.
However, I think Layne is having an even better time going on ride-a-long.
While I was out in the garden picking tomatoes Saturday morning, I found this cool little caterpillar. Since I didn't have my camera to take a photo to send Reagan, the logical thing to do is put the caterpillar in my pocket and zip it up until I can get inside to my camera. So I did. As I went upstair to bed, I remembered I had put it in my pocket. After thoroughly searching my pocket I come to the realization that it had gotten out sometime during the slalom, taking a nap, working around the house, or any of the other activities I did during the day. As I was tucking in, Bob came up and said Nitro had found the caterpillar crawling up the cabinet. I finally took the picture to send to Reagan then Mr. Caterpillar was safely outside waking up from his day-long nightmare.
Fall colors are beautiful, but they make me sad that summer is over. Soon my beautiful angel trumpet tree will freeze and winter is on.
Today we cleared out the garden and all that remains are a few remaining tomatoes and the potato plants still need to die back before we can harvest potatoes.
There were a couple potatoes on the surface of the dirt so we had them for dinner. They were large potatoes and very tasty. I wish we could have fresh potatoes like this all the time.
Homework season has begun!
.
Mozzy is either the best cat ever or the dumbest cat ever. He doesn't mind that Reagan is hauling him around in a box. He looks perfectly content.
Reagan got to go check out a new ferry. The ferry had an open house so folks could check it out before it went into service. Here she rings the Captain's bell.


















No comments:
Post a Comment