Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Chapter 457

Hmm...I guess I forgot to push the "publish" button on Sunday...

Happy National Cat Day!


His Majesty looking out of our bedroom window. He gets to be extra high in the summer since the window is up for the air conditioner.

Since I didn't know that there are different types of petunias, I got some real "stringy" ones this year and they are an unruly lot but still add a nice bit of color on the patio. I've done some research this year and already know what I want to buy next year. I've also learned how to save the seeds for next year so I won't have to buy anymore petunia seeds after that.


I initially took this picture for the hummingbird on the feeder but you can't really see him. 

While Nitro and I were out walking, he just scooted up the stairs to the slide. I'm not sure what he had planned but he had no problem climbing up there. It was sooo tempting to just "help" him down the slide. 

Once up there, he just casually hung out and watched the goings on from the slide platform.

I figured I'd have to bring bring him down at risk of my own health, but when I asked him to come down, he gave the expected feline pause until it appeared that coming down was his idea and he just came right back down the steps all on his own and finished his tour of the backyard.

Just hangin' out waiting for the command to come down. Being a cat, he doesn't plan on following the command, just waiting for it.

 Early in the morning, Nitro is already in position in front of the air conditioning. It won't be turned on for a couple of hours but he's got to stake out his turf. As the old saying goes "If you want to find the most comfortable place in the house, go find the cat."

It was hot when I came out of the grocery store. The temp stayed at 101° on the way home. I'm fairly sure it wasn't really that hot, but it sure felt like it!

Then I came home and made a bunch of foil packet meals for our trip. I wanted to have enough for six dinners to just pop on the grill and cook up some fast meals. I made fajitas, steak and veggies, enchiladas, ham and potatoes, and some sort of pasta thingy.

All folded up and ready to freeze.

A week's worth of  quick, easy packet meals ready to pop in a cooler with some dry ice and take wherever we decide to go. I hope they don't confiscate them if we decide to go to Canada!

Auntie Karen sent me a picture of the Trabuco Canyon fire. "Our fire from our front door. We are not in danger so far but it is another bad fast moving one. Mostly in the canyons in the Nation Forest behind us, some evacuations. So sad for the wild creatures. It is called the “Holy” Fire, and the starter has been arrested thankfully." It looks like a massive fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment