Happy (late) Birthday to Carter!
It seems that I'm always running behind for Carter's birthday. I had his card well in advance but then it just sat in my car while I wondered why there was a random envelope riding around with me every day. I also discovered while reading JoAnn's blog that I had Carter in my calendar on the 19th instead of the 9th. I made the fix and maybe I can be a just few days late with my card instead of a few weeks late in the future! Happy Birthday, Carter!
When Reagan was here with us last week, we went to the Cougar Mountain Zoo and Reagan got to feed a tiger. This week King 5's Evening Magazine also went to Cougar Mountain Zoo to feed the tigers so if you want to see what Reagan got to experience, check out this link.
I thought feeding the tigers was an awesome experience even if Reagan wasn't impressed. It will, hopefully, be something she remembers doing for quite a while. She didn't get to stand the tiger up, but this is the same tiger she fed.
Meanwhile, we have our own caged up wild beast laying out and enjoying the summer sun!
Bob decided to update his teardrop trailer so we put the vinyl skin on it a while ago and are now planning stripes (politically correctly called "graphics") for it.
With both up us wrangling our end of the sticky "graphics", we eventually got them on and looking pretty darn good if I may say so myself.
We still want to put something on the front and back, but at least it's got something on it.
Just don't look at both sides of the teardrop at the same time!
Another big cat in the picture.
It's spring and big game has velvet on their antlers. The quince on our tree also have velvet on them, at least until I wash it off at harvest time. I'm looking forward to some quince jam again!
Nitro heard a noise in the corner of the patio, and despite annoying me, just wouldn't give up until he'd gotten back there to see what it was. And a good thing he was "dogged" about finding the noise because he flushed out a big ol' rat. I saw it as it ran across the patio.
We promptly changed the location of our rat traps and the next day, Nitro got to see the spoils of his hunt. Good job, Big Hunter Nitro!
We have had a buggy summer, both in the garden and in the air. We have to bust out the Tiki torches and contribute to global warming each evening before we sit outside so we don't get eaten alive by critters!
If you haven't seen on the news, Build a Bear had an offer on Tuesday(?) for kids to build a bear for only a dollar per year of their age. Reagan loves that store so I briefly (for a nano-second, micro-second, terra-second, whichever is smallest) considered taking her. My little pea-brain was able to come to the conclusion that it will be a circus, it will be hot, and the minimum wage staff and one stuffing blower machine cannot possibly make for an enjoyable event.
![]() |
| Reagan got a tiger that had a recording of Grama's voice in an effort to help her stop missing the G's enough to go to sleep. Notice she picked out tighty-whities as it's outfit. |
Apparently there were parents all over the US and UK that did not have the same, clearly correct, thought process that I did. Look at these lines! What parent sees these lines thinks it's a good idea to go ahead and stand in them with your kid for 6 hours!
These kids are not going to get the one-on-one experience like Reagan did that makes their animal special. Mom is the only one that got a deal and it wasn't worth putting your kid through a long ordeal to save $15 or so. Then, after standing in line for 4 - 6 hours complain that your kid is broken-hearted. I would think if you walked in and saw this line and took your kid for ice cream they would forget about the bear.
To make up for their faux paux, Build-a-Bear gave everyone in line that didn't get a bear a voucher. Then, in an effort to mop up some of the PR aftermath, extended the voucher to everyone in the BaB bonus club. I got my certificate for Reagan, but not sure we are going to use it. But as a member of the public that was traumatized by the news that the fire department had to shut down their promotion, I printed it out.
If you want to find the most comfortable place in the house, look for the cat. Nites is soaking up the air conditioning from ground zero.
Bob washed the garage floor. I think all the swirls and bubbles look kinda cool, but then I'm not the one washing it in 90° heat, either.
The Walkers had to expand to a second kayak so Reagan could have her own seat. She gets to ride around like a princess while Mom and Dad both have to pedal to keep their respective vessels moving. I do think pedaling a kayak is much more efficient than paddling a kayak though.
Reagan loves science and is preparing to build herself a 2 1/2' tall skeleton (with Mom).
But first she had to read up on body systems. Currently she is studying the immune system.
Most kids like to read about animals at bedtime. Reagan likes to read about the solar system. Aunt Chelsea, you've got some science 'splainin' to do!
While Mom is off playing for the day, Dad and Reagan take in a waterfront concert at the park.
Try to stay cool Everyone!























Too funny! Love all the great pics!!!
ReplyDeleteWho in the heck washes their garage floor!
ReplyDelete