Monday was Pretty Rainbow Day. Everywhere I looked there was a rainbow. I even saw a triple once but couldn't take a picture since I was careening around a corner at the time of the sighting.
Nothing beats a rainbow over Jack-in-the-Box.
Last year I made a fruit turkey for Thanksgiving breakfast and it was pointed out that I went a bit overboard as I sometimes tend to do. I know it could possibly be, but I enjoy the creative planning and building of this type of project. This year, 3 types of fruit in a bowl. Period. Not as much fun but it was much simpler and cheaper to do and everyone is happy.
Thursday we went to Kyanne's for Thanksgiving breakfast. Somehow Reagan was in charge of serving the fruit salad and she loved doing doing it! Carissa looks a bit gun-shy about Reagan's grip on the serving spoon though.
I got to share a few quality moments with grand dog Sally. Although it looks like I had Sally in a strangle hold, she was resting her chin on my chest. I was just snuggling with her.
Sally has the cutest nose on the end of that very long snout of hers.
After breakfast it's story time by Auntie.
Ryan prefers to run as a background application instead of being the flashy program up front. So while we all lounged, Ryan did what Ryan does best, working quietly and efficiently in the background clearing up all evidence of our breakfast.
Kyanne has creatively put together a collage of Reagan and Sally's three Thanksgivings together. Reagan physically gets closer to Sally each year. Watch out Sally, next year she's going to be riding you! I wonder if that saddle I've got in the dining room would fit Sally?
The next stop was Carissa and Chris' house for dinner. We had salmon and green beans and clams for dinner. I was assigned to bring the salmon and after a bit of research, found there was no good salmon to be had in the Auburn area so it was Costco to the rescue! I bought their wild frozen salmon and it was pretty darn tasty!
We had a bit of a surprise when I opened one of my clams to find a mini crab and a barnacle inside of it. For Reagan this was a show-stopper. She was trying to wrap her mind around the crabbies she sees on the beach and the little crabbie in my clam. She could have stared at that clam/crab all evening if we let her.
The little crab was held into the clam shell with a tiny barnacle buddy.
Bedtime and story time with Grampa as Reagan's guest reader for the evening.
The next day we took Reagan to Poulsbo for an outing while the kids worked in their yard without a two-year old demanding taskmaster torpedoing their work time. That kid owns Poulsbo. She knows where she's going and how to find what she wants. One of the things she wants is to go to Sluy's Bakery and get a cookie. With all of the eye-catching treats, Reagan picked out a plain gingerbread man. Her mama's got her trained well!
Walking her cookie off on the waterfront boardwalk.
We went to the Slippery Pig Brewery for lunch and Reagan locked onto the football game that was playing. I'm not clear sure good grandparents take their grand kids to a brewery to watch football on their visitation days but we did and we all had a good time, gosh darn it.
Sluy's also had a window full of gingerbread houses and this was a good segue for the gingerbread house project we brought to build with Reagan. Just like at dinner, Reagan found herself carefully watching something that isn't "right" in her little mind. In this case, there was a bee in the window busily nibbling on the frosting of a gingerbread house. Just like finding the crab in the clam, Reagan was fascinated by watching the bee eat the sugar tree topper.
We went home and after a nap, Reagan go to make her own gingerbread house. She had a really good time sticking candy on until she found out she could eat it. When the sugar hit her central nervous system, that kid went crazy and the project was done.
Reagan's version of a gingerbread house, minus the bee. She was very sad there was no bee eating her house like the one at the bakery.
Grama and Grampa are too big and too old to be climbing into this itty bitty bus tent. But like JoAnn once said "If my granddaughter wants me to do ____________ then I will do it." and so we find ourselves following the wisdom handed down to us by JoAnn and cramming ourselves (one at a time) into a teeny bus tent.
Our time spent with Reagan was a blast for us and gave Chris and Carissa a chance to work outside in the rain to get more of their yard completed. One of their projects was a "focus" planter up in the corner of their new yard. It looks a-maz-ing. A win-win for everyone.






















Looks like your Thanksgiving weekend was awesome. You and my brother are proving to be good students of my grandparenting techniques!
ReplyDelete