I hope everyone out there had a happy Easter. Reagan had her formal Easter photo done...and actually cooperated. She looks a lot like her Aunt Chelsea in this picture.
As with every holiday, Reagan had to craft some fine art. Here she paints her feet in preparation for some pedi-art. (No she isn't wearing a bikini top, Grama just put one on her to make her internet-ready)
And here is her finished art project. An Easter carrot!
It's spring and the weather was great and Nitro knows that I will take him for a walk after work if it's nice. I got played though. All he wanted to do was go eat the fresh shoots of grass so he could barf it all back up again. You'd think he'd make the connection after doing it every.single.time we go outside.
The next day was pretty nice too. The moon was huge and pretty on my way to work.
This is just a gratuitous picture of the gauges in my car as I was taking the moon picture.
And, because it was a full moon, we had a broken leg and broken arm show up the next day. That in itself is pretty typical with our crowd. Most of them are motorcycle riders and non-academics that like to do dare devil stunts and are always breaking something so I've seen lots of casts and braces but I've never seen anyone accessorize a brace with cowboy boots!
Since it was nice out, Bob was washing the car when I got home. I took the picture to see if the sparkles in the paint showed up but it actually demonstrates how shiny the car is after Bob fixed it up. You can see some of the sparkles, but not in all their glory.
Spring means renewed hope. It also means I have false hope that if I grow a garden again, it will go well this time. Bob cheerfully expanded my plan from a couple of pots of vegetables to a couple of large raised garden beds. We didn't want to spend much money on the project so we dug around in the side yard and found enough junk to put the project together. We even have enough dirt in the compost heap so we don't even have to buy that. The problem was I wanted to be considerate of the new neighbors and I was afraid that the corrugated steel garden containers we were building would be an eyesore for the new neighbors.
Then I realized that was a silly notion since I have to look at their yard with all these trucks. Who else of you out there has a full-sized dump truck next door?
For Easter, we went to Chris and Carissa's house and Kyanne was there too. Here Kyanne looks at pictures on her phone with Reagan.
Reagan was going to take all of us to Operation Hop Drop and watch the Easter bunny drop Easter eggs out of a helicopter. Click on the Operation Hop Drop link above to see a buildup of the action. We all stood around an area that was fenced off and pre-seeded with eggs for each age level and waited for the helicopter to show up at 12:30.
Reagan was tired so enjoyed her ride with Auntie Kyanne. You can see the egg drop area in the background all divided up and pre-egged since the helicopter can't drop eggs evenly and neatly as would be needed. We heard the helicopter, looked up...

and watched it drop the eggs on the wrong field...at 12:10 instead of 12:30. The microphones weren't even set up yet to tell the crowd what was happening.
The kids went out on the pre-seeded field and got their eggs.
Typically Reagan doesn't like crowds, but today she decided she wanted to hunt eggs so she headed out for eggs followed by her posse.
She was the only kid there with a black Easter bag. Since Carissa didn't expect her to want to brave the crowd, she didn't bring her basket. I always have one of those little nylon bags clipped in my coat so, instant Easter bag that would be more suited to a Halloween loot sack. I felt bad for the church that sponsored the event because the eggs were dropped on the wrong field at the wrong time but fun was had by all. It's great they do things like this for the community.
Reagan fell asleep in the car on the way home with her new Easter monkey and Easter book.
Then had a fun Easter egg hunt at home where she discovered a jelly bean in each egg instead of the broccoli that her mother had stuffed her eggs with last year. Who does that??? Ok, so maybe the sugar got her a little wound up.
On the way home the giant flag in Nalley Valley was at half-mast for the Brussels bombing. It is a HUGE flag and it looks so strange at half mast.
Reagan walking on a not-so-nice spring day.
Playing on the beach with Mom.
Riding in her backpack with Dad.
Decorating her corner for Easter.
Enjoying her cookie at Sluy's Bakery in Poulsbo.
I dunno what this is.
And reading on Mom and Dad's bed.




























Looks like Reagan had a fun Easter and is getting the hang of the egg hunting racket. That whole helicopter egg drop business--sounds dangerous and messy!LOL
ReplyDelete