Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Chapter 274 Happy Birthday, "Boys"!

Happy Birthday to Kyle and Chris!
(Presented in chronological order)



 Bob started out the week changing all the belts on one of the Jaguars. Since this is a V-12, there is very little room around the engine for big hands to squeeze in. There were lots of, let's call them comments during this project.

We had a beautiful double rainbow this week. Everyone in the Fred Meyer parking lot was stopping to take pictures. The rainbow was so pretty I didn't know which end to take a picture of. I settled for the end over the gas station since they had just lowered the price of gas that day and it seemed fitting.

Things are moving right along on our new building at school. It seems to have been especially noisy since the roof is now on and all the noises are reflected right back to our classroom. Remember those pictures I took from inside the classroom? This is what that view looks like from the outside, the green arrow points right to the outside of that window. This building is going to be the gyms, locker rooms, athletic medicine, and weight room.

We had a really good football player at Auburn High who graduated in 2011. Even better than being an awesome football player, he graduated with a 3.9 g.p.a. Danny Shelton went on the play for the University of Washington and has one of the top academic g.p.a.s for college level football players.  He is definitely going to be drafted into the NFL after he graduates this spring, but it just a matter of which team. Chris, FYI: The New England Patriots are very interested in his joining the Patriots. See one of the articles outlining this choice here. 

I'm sitting in the upper area where the green area indicated by the green arrow. Danny Shelton was about 1/4" tall down on the stage. 

Let me tell you, there were some puffed-up high school coaches grinning some pretty huge grins during this assembly. All the coaches had to pat Danny and throw their arms over his shoulders in an unspoken plea to not forget who got him started when Danny reaches the big leagues. 

With all my Amazon ordering, I've tried to outfox some of the package thieves that we hear so much about. First, so packages aren't left by the exposed front door, I try to get them to place the packages by the family room door. In a brilliant flash of thought, I put the plastic deck box out front and put chalk notes flat on the porch so the bad guys can't easily read them from the road. The result of all my careful planning is that deliveries are placed on top of my notes not in my cool package box. By the way, Dad and Bobbie, those are the Jaguar beer glasses waiting for us. Thank you! I thought Bob had ordered more parts and didn't open the box right away.

Our Jaguar club had a "tech session" at the warehouse garage of an avid BMWs. He has proto-types, one-of-a-kinds, only-one-left that hasn't been wrecked, and historically important BMW's. He also has this Ford Flex that was painted by a famous graffitti artist and toured around by Ford to introduce it. The tires are even specially made with the artists signature in the tread.

This is a cool car with doors that drop down and can be left down for driving...not legal is the U.S. 

Even though he collects BMW's, his favorite car is a convertible Jaguar. He's been offered $300,000 for this car and refused. 

This man buys and keeps cars from all around the world and in many countries. This is a BMW boat of some sort that there are only two of. BMW has offered him a LOT of money for this boat and several of his other cars as well since they want these historically significant items in their showroom and not his. 

Another anomaly in his collection. A Roadrunner. This roadrunner is shown on the cover of the book that's clipped on the windshield. All-in-all, this room held an eye-bulging several million dollars of irreplaceable cars. Impressive...if you like cars. 

 Afterward we walked over to Alderwood Mall food court for a club lunch. On our way up to the tech session, Bob was trying to describe one of the members to me. Bob said, "He's older, has gray hair..." Look at this group and tell me which one of the guys Bob is describing. I'm sure he wears khaki shorts, white socks pulled up tight, and tennis shoes as well.

After the tech session I went to Chelsea's Christmas concert. It was awesome. That's Chelsea in the back wearing black and holding a candle. Kinda like describing an older guy with gray hair. My phone system upgraded and now the camera doesn't work correctly. When I took this picture, the flash went on and stayed on, blinding everyone including the singers! 

I took a video of Chelsea singing her solo but I couldn't get a clear shot. The important part is that you can hear her solo on this YouTube video. She sings at the very first of this song selection. Excellent job well done, Chelsea!

Back at the home front, Nitro spent a busy morning watching squirrels, and birds in his backyard. He ran between the window and his cat-io depending which had the best view at the time.

We haven't had squirrels...that I know of anyway...all over the patio entertaining Nitro. Here one runs across the patio gate to our backyard. 


Kyanne was babysitting Reagan this weekend while C and C went to a Christmas party. Kyanne gave Reagan the Christmas tree, a pot holder, and all her toys with the envious outcome of a happy baby. Way to go Auntie Kyanne!

 Reagan blowing bubbles with the organic carrots that her mother loving cooked up and blended so she'd have a healthy food to eat...

 Reagan, the human shar pei. That's one of those really wrinkly kinds of dogs by the way.

I know this is a bottle, why can't I get anything out of it? 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being my wing man at the concert and for posting the video of our beautiful Chelsea singing!

    ReplyDelete