Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Chapter 273


Bob loves to have lights on the house so when we had a quick break between rain squalls he climbed up on the roof and installed our new LED lights. I like the old-fashioned glow of the old bulbs, these just don't have the same holly-jolly cheer the old ones did. Plus, I always enjoyed waking up to the multi-colored glow of the lights in our bedroom. These new LED's don't cast any glow at all. None.

Our new lights with the full moon presiding.

The horse on our weather vane make our house look like something from Spooky Hollow on Halloween. 

Meanwhile, the tree has been dragged out of the window box and set up. That is sure a lot easier than taking it up and down the attic ladder each year.

Speaking of getting into the Christmas Spirit, Kyanne made Sally some crocheted antlers to keep her ears warm. Sally does not look impressed. In fact, it looks like Sally might kill Kyanne in her sleep...twice.

Princess Queen Sally trying to look regal while taking her nap but pretty much just manages to just look humiliated.

It's cold out and Kyanne used one of her scarves to keep Sally's ears warm...but I don't think that's what Sally thinking right now.

Sally has to bear a very heavy burden to earn her warm house, multiple walks per day, snuggely beds, hugs, and tasty meals. Poor Sally.


I wonder what it is about my kids wanting to put reindeer antlers on things. Did I not take them to see Santa's reindeer enough when they were little...

Speaking of Reagan, it's hard to believe that she's six months old already! She looks so little in this picture.

Today we went to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium with Chris, Carissa, and Reagan. We were greeted at the crosswalk by a peacock. I remember hearing their blood-curdling screams when I was  a child trying to take a nap (we lived in El Monte maybe).  My grandmother would tell me it was a man that parents hired to murder children that got up from their naps early. I was never much of a napper, but I sure as heck didn't ever get out of bed until I had her clearance to do so. To this day a peacock screech makes my blood run cold. I don't mind looking at them, I just don't want to ever hear one again. Ever.

As soon as we entered the zoo, they told us the tiger cubs, Kirana, Dari, and Indah, were out and we'd better head right down to see them. They are such cute little guys with their big bumbling feet and screechy yowls when Mom got too far out of sight. Don't worry about those feet guys, I'm still trying to figure out how to get mine to work!

Reagan loves the aquarium and watch the large fish and sharks go by. She'd even lean back from the glass when one got too close. Smart kid, it must be nature's way of staying alive to move out of the way of the sharks.

This cranky-pants tiger has the same I'm-gonna-kill-you-in-your-sleep look on his face as Sally did while wearing her newly-minted antlers. Except I'd take a chance at sleeping while Sally is around, not so much with this guy. 

Although this picture is blurry, you can see the intensity with which Reagan is watching the local tank population. 

And here's the obligatory shark jaw photo with Grama and Grampa.  I remember doing that with Kyanne and Carissa ever so long ago.

Some kids never grow up. Here's Carissa getting a "hug" from a spiny sea urchin. The docent said touching the urchins is like getting a hug from toothpicks. Uh. Ok.

At the end of our day (actually Reagan's day), the peacocks quietly, thank goodness, escorted us out out of the park toward our cars. I think they were really hoping for a tip in the form of a goldfish cracker but it didn't happen. Maybe when Reagan is older we can shake the stroller seat out and leave the peacocks a little tip. 

After the zoo, we went to Engine House No. 9 Restaurant and Brewery for a snack, a beer, and to watch a bit of the Seahawks game.  Engine House No. 9 was built around 1908 and remained in service until 1965. It was the last fire station in Tacoma to convert from horsepower to modern equipment. Click the link above for the whole story if you are interested. Here Grampa entertains Reagan while we wait for our food.

Reagan contemplating whether to quietly go off to sleep or to terrorize her parents with a sudden pre-bedtime outburst.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Grama bought this dress on clearance a year ago for $1. I make it look like a million bucks! 

Grocery shopping is infinitely more interesting to Reagan than it is to me. I wish I had that kind of wonder on my face each time I shopped for food. Fortunately I don't have to shop much since Bob takes care of all that. 

Bear and Reagan going mano-y-mano to see who is going to own the chew toy. Check out the rug that Aunt JoAnn gave Reagan last weekend. Payton and Carter enjoyed the very same rug when they were wee tots. 

Reagan is starting to get solid foods now, avocado for now. Not enough to exist on, but enough to start learning the process. She's got the part about the spoon right 

A review of Reagan's last few months...Four months... 

...five months... 

...and six months. You can see how she's growing.  The next six months should be awesome!



Have a good week, Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment