Total Pageviews

Monday, November 24, 2014

Chapter 271


This was a very slow week (until Thursday evening) and so I present to you the"Cautious Cutter" from my class.  The Cautious Cutter needed to trim his hose but didn't know how much needed to come off. Since measuring was apparently off the table, I suggested that he cut a little bit off at a time until he had the hose the right length. That way he wouldn't mis-cut an entire hose. A few minutes later he shows up at my desk proudly displaying the results of my advice, lots of short cuts...and yes, the hose did fit. Cautious Cutter even admitted he would have cut too much off the first time around without my (awesome) advice. I suggested he learn how to measure before his next project.

The big news this week is that Reagan came to stay with us for a long weekend.  Chris had been in Salt Lake City for business last week and since they have friends there, it made sense for Carissa to join Chris at the end of the week and visit Carissa's college friend that lives there. I took Carissa to the airport Friday morning and picked her and Chris up Monday. Although it sounds like they had a fantastic "grown-up" vacation, they sure missed their baby...and their dog.

Since it was hideously stormy, Reagan and I went to Walmart (also known as Las Vegas for babies) to walk around, look at stuff, and hopefully, produce a baby ready for a nap.

I had forgotten what it's like to shop with a baby. Those darn bathroom stalls are so tiny and germy, it was nice the handicapped stall was big enough to drive Reagan (and my unpaid merchandise). 

Another activity was to go to Grampa's work and disrupt production for a while. Dad took Reagan on a tour of all co-workers who all love babies. Her hat and superwoman socks were a hit! Here Reagan sneaks a look at herself on Grampa's s computer.

When you have this...

...you get to see a lot of this. Reagan made sure I didn't miss a sunrise while she was here. 

Bear has a history of fun activities when he visits Grama's house. Since it was raining so hard, there were no trips to the bark park, no neighborhood walks, and no playing in the backyard. This is him feeling sorry for himself by getting his blanket and pouting...or is that an "I will kill you in your sleep, crazy woman" look? 

Not only is Bear doing without all his customary activities, he has to suffer the indignity of being a baby toy. He doesn't mind Reagan, he just doesn't want to be part of her toy lineup. 

Remember that set of little (now vintage) Tupperware dishes. Reagan doesn't understand dishes, but does understand making drum sounds. Lots of them first thing in the morning.

Reagan is on the cusp of crawling. Although it looks like Bob is helping Reagan get up on all fours, she's doing it all by herself. No actual crawling would be allowed since we didn't want Mom and Dad to miss out on that monumental stage in her life...and theirs. Nitro was just getting comfortable with the idea that Reagan is not a threat to him. Wait until he sees her next month when they come for Chris' drill weekend. I need to get Nitro some little kitty sneakers. He's gonna need 'em.

Ok, just as a joke, I looked up kitty sneakers and was amazed at what indignities some poor pets must endure. Yes, they DO have kitty sneakers. It's sick. Just sick.
Grampa was outside raking leaves in the patio, and Reagan was standing there like a real person in her Baby Einstein watching every move Grampa made.

Yup, Reagan I'd rather watch yardwork rather than participate in it too!

Before Reagan was born, Grampa shopped and shopped and shopped for just the right Carhartt outfit. He settled on this little outfit, minus the owl hat. Bob has been wanting to get a baby Carhartt outfit since the Kid's Carhartts debuted while our kids were in middle school. Knock one off of his bucket list. 

Eleanor had a birthday party while she was here so I packed her up and took her since Mom and Dad were gone. I got there and thought to myself "Those poor people are having a party and no one has shown up yet! I'm glad I made the effort to come." So I go to the door only to find out we were 24 hours early. Note to Eileen: The next time you send invitations, make sure there is more contrast to the text so us old folks can see it without our glasses!

Since we were in Des Moines anyway, I took Reagan to the Des Moines Marina so she could have a bottle and I ate the leftover CB's Nuts I found in Carissa's car.

After watching pelicans at the marina, we trooped down to Kyanne's where we went to dinner at Shake Shake Shake  because Reagan would enjoy it's bright colors and lighting. And she did. The burger was yummy too.

24 hours later we are back on Eileen's doorstep ready for Eleanor's party...again. Here Reagan watches Eleanor open her birthday presents in total rapture.

Reagan's a smart one. Here she's learning how to use a ruler with Grampa. She says he teaches other pople to use a ruler so she can teach her. 

 If anyone stayed up late into Sunday night waiting for me to publish my blog, I apologize. I was busy, busy, busy this weekend.

           There will be no Reagan Report this week due to the previous Reagan overload in this posting.



1 comment:

  1. Love grandpa's taste in clothing and the hat is perfect for any occasion. I bet you both were tired after your weekend but how wonderful for all 5 of you to have a special weekend!

    ReplyDelete