Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Chapter 269



So, Bob set off for the grocery store with his list. My instructions were to get vegetables, my standing order is to get cheap vegetables. Look how proud he is that bought one of the cheapest green vegetables he could find, Brussels sprouts. I can guarantee you he's not going to load his plate with these anytime soon.

The sprouts stalk fills up one whole shelf of the fridge! 

Meanwhile, the work on the school is progressing nicely. There nothing more beautiful than a crane reflected in a sheen of water on newly poured gym floor. The old PAC that we've all been to recitals at is the curved wall reflected on the left side.  You can see the workers on the far "shore" of the puddle. The PAC is getting a complete refurb, gutted with tractors going in and out of the building. It'll be interesting to see how it looks when it's done.

Some sewer gremlins got in our pipes and backed up in the shop so we had not bathrooms or wash-up areas for greasy hands. Apparently the newly installed sewer pipe had been run over at some point and shattered the cast iron pipe. That meant the newly poured concrete had to be jack hammered out, wreaking havoc on any educational process that might be happening in the classroom. We couldn't hear, couldn't talk, and everyone was sick of listening to it. If you don't know what a jackhammer sounds like, check it out. Bear in mind this was taken from inside the classroom. 
As usual, if you can't view this video, you can click on the following link to see it:   http://youtu.be/ZHGnZrJ1mrM

Nothing gets a group of teenagers worked up like a bird in the shop. The guys were all running around, throwing things at it, or going all Elmer Fudd and pretending shooting at it...or screaming. I didn't realize there were so many guys afraid of birds. This must be video game induced reaction, it's the only explanation I can come up with. Here the cute harmless little birdie takes a rest on the locker room bench.

This weekend's Jaguar Tech Session was at Glassworks, Inc. in Seattle. They make really high end glass room dividers, counter tops, and decorative panels. Here the kiln top is raised to reveal 6 red-hot glass cafe' tables (for a high profile place I can't remember.) The oven was 1600 degrees when it was opened and the heat just rolled off of the molten glass and threatened to fry all us spectators to cinders.

Here's the door to the Glassworks sales office. 

...and the hand-blown custom handle that goes with it.


A photo of one of their counter tops in it's new home.

A lighted bar for an upscale bar. 

A vanity/sink combo. 

A bamboo glass panel for a restaurant. 

This lighted counter top in their showroom was gorgeous, but all I could think of was how much it must cost. Just the stainless steel under the glass and on the wall would be more than I'd ever want to pay then there is the exorbitant cost of the glass on top of that. A 4 x 4 INCH sample of their glass is is $65. I can't even comprehend how much this countertop would cost. The job list posted on the wall showed customers in Dubai, Honolulu, Oppenheimer and other high-profile companies.

Notice the very expensive Dale Chihuly sculpture keeping the Glassworks balcony panels company.

Glassworks created the storefront for Tiffany and Company jewelry store of New York.

Shortly after we got home Carissa and Reagan arrived. I showed Carissa the rolling tote/toy chest that I had gotten for the toys I keep here. I put Reagan in the tub and she played happily. Bob seems to think the tub is the new a babysitter. Since Reagan doesn't sit very solidly yet and this cute picture ended as expected: A face-plant into a pile of hard toys.

Bear says "Someone has to take care of this baby.", charges in and cleans Reagan's face while he checked on her.

I'll close with Saturday night's lovely sunset. 




Reagan is talking a lot lately. She talks and talks and likes to talk to Bear, toys, people, and nothing in particular. Bear is usually the one that gets the largest ear-full. Maybe because he has the largest ears!
As usual, if you cannot see the video above, click the following link to view it at YouTube: http://youtu.be/RjjhANB5V-M

Reagan happily playing in her tub. I'm glad she's happy since her babysitter is asleep.

 Bear cleaning Reagan's face.

Grampa and Reagan play with about every toy we have here.

And Bear checks on Reagan again to say "Hi!" and make sure her face is still clean. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking you should try to get some of those blown glass counters for your high school auto shop. You know--test the durability!

    ReplyDelete