Last weekend Darla and I went to a tree and fresh produce place we like. Out in back they had real reindeer for people to look at. I couldn't tell if either of them were Rudolf since neither of the reindeer would look at me no matter where I moved to look at them.
After 31 years our "temporary" garage bathroom finally looks like part of the house. Bob has a utility area to wash up in after working in the garage, and I don't feel like I have a service station bathroom just off the family room
After 31 years, Bob decided it was time to remodel our "temporary" garage bathroom so that it looks less like a service station bathroom and more like part of the house.
It's not a good bathroom remodel if the toilet doesn't end up in the yard or the garage. This time our toilet made it as far as the garage.
Then Bob covered up the hideous cheap floor that we'd first installed.
Meanwhile, the Nitro sat in the empty floor tile box and guarded the things that had been taken from the bathroom in case anyone might want to take them away.
Finally, after 31 years this bathroom looks like a bathroom off the house and not a bathroom off of a service station and it still gives Bob a place to clean all his yucky garage stuff.
I don't know if anyone was following Bob and RestoCat's Jaguar restoration but I decided to publish the blog into a nice book. As usual my projects grow and I added the backstory of the car, more pictures, and included older photos I found as well as several original documents that had made their way to the present without managing to get lost first.
Since I wanted to feel like a published author, I opened the book for public sale on Blurb in case anyone surfing the Blurb site wanted a copy of the family tale of a cartoon cat inserting himself into Bob's pictures. I gave the book the creative name of "Jaguar E-type Restoration". At any rate, the first 15 pages are free to look at if you go to that website for a looksee.
Bear, my grand dog, came over this weekend and after a nice romp in the backyard, he needed to have a well-deserved rest. Since it was so cold outside, Carissa thought he needed to cover up to keep warm.
Saturday we all went to the hockey game for Chris' birthday activity. Nobody got knocked out and hauled off by the paramedics, but a nice bonus is that they won the game this time.
One of Carissa's co-workers at Surgical Center of Silverdale has been really good to Carissa since she started her surgical tech career so I made Yulyia a quilt for the baby girl she is having at the end of the month. It was a struggle to get done since I was using my brand new machine and my brand new eyes (which Carissa's friend had a hand in installing) and I wasn't very pleased with the outcome but overall, it turned out pretty well considering my handicaps.
And, speaking of babies, Chris and Carissa announced that they will be having a baby in May! Finally. I'm almost an embarrassment to my peer group as I am the very last one of us to have grand children. While both of us are extremely excited, I caught Bob doing a reconnaissance shopping for the baby. Only the fact that we don't know if it's a boy or girl kept us from bringing home a little pair of Carhartt overalls. The bonus in this is that there will be a lot less Nitro pictures in this blog as they will be replaced by baby pictures.
A dragon at Costco reminded Bob of Carissa's favorite critter when she was small.

Have a good week everyone!











I'm so excited that the baby's out of the bag--now I have something new to yack about on my blog too! Yes, shopping takes on a whole new meaning. It's strange how much baby stuff you can actually bring home from a trip to the grocery store or Home Depot.
ReplyDeleteCongrats grandma and grandpa--we all can't wait for spring!