Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chapter 190: Finally, It's the Weekend

We have a lot of events to be grateful for coming up in the next few weeks. To start out, 

 
to JoAnn

Then Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there.

And of course congratulations to JoAnn on her retirement and their subsequent move to Albany, Oregon. They will temporarily be living in the Blue Ox RV Park while their new home is being built. Good luck on your new adventures Scott and JoAnn!
And, as of yesterday, this will be followed by the event of the season, Richard and Chelsea's wedding:


Jenna was gracious enough to schedule her big event so we can all plan:



And my Big Day; school's out for the summer! I'm not really going anywhere, it's just that this was the closest icon the website offered.



Last summer we showed the dad-me-down Jaguar XJS in a few fancy Concours d' Elegance car shows. Bob worked really hard to get the car ready for the stiff competition we were up against and his efforts were rewarded. He received an award in every show he competed.  There was some sort of SNAFU in the scoring and it took a while to figure the totals but yesterday we finally got a package in the mail. Bob was excited to see that we got the second place regional award, a nice pewter plate.

I was trying to take a picture of the award plate but Nitro thought since it was on the ottoman, it was in his territory and there would be cat food soon to follow. Hah. Joke's on him!

Nitro loves his little kitty walks. We go out every day to see whatever it is he thinks he needs to see. I have been concerned that he could slip his harness so I ordered him a Kitty Holster. I chose the ridiculous red bandanna print since it was on sale 25% off. The funky print probably has every squirrel and crow laughing their heads off but Nitro really seems to like it and it's a lot more secure than his doggy harness. Each day we go for a walk, he has to go to the tree and look for the squirrel that lives up there.



Saturday we went to Exotics at Redmond Towne Center Car Show that's held there each month when the weather is reeeally nice.  I did not know that there were so many high dollar cars in this area. There are Lamborghinis, Bentleys, etc., that come out of the woodwork for people to drool over. This month the British motorcars were the featured car and got prime parking in the center of the mall. We, of course, parked in the Jaguar line-up across from the Aston-Martins. Here's a couple of XKEs.

A bunch of British cars that I am clueless about. Cars all look the same to me: Four tires, steering wheel, windows, blah, blah, blah....

Except for this car which has only 3 wheels. That doesn't, however, mean that I know what this is. I only noticed it because it is very tiny and two people with full racing helmets were crammed into it as it rolled into the venue. I couldn't imagine being in the freeway in this. The passenger and driver must have been eye-level with semi truck lug nuts when on their journey to the show.

The Jaguar row is on the left and the Aston Martins are on the right. We are the lower of the two red cars with their hoods up. 

The only two "signal red" Jags sit side-by-side. Ray, from our Jag club restored his XKE and did a beautiful job. 

Here Ray sits in front of Victoria's Secret in his ever present Hawaiian shirt watching the view. He says he watching the car show, but I don't think he wasn't adverse to watching the Victoria's Secret customers come and go either.

The local Bentley dealer always brings a selection of Bentley's and Rolls' for us common folk to goggle over. Here is the sticker from the Bentley...There are $37,000 of extra's on top of the $296,000 base price of this car...more than most of us have ever paid for the entire car. I found it odd that when you have a $366,000 car, you worry about the spare $45 on the bottom line of the price tag. The Rolls didn't have any stickers in them. I guess the old "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." adage definitely applies here.

This afternoon Bob's Dad came for dinner and we had a nice bbq'd tri-tip roast, tri-colored potatoes and some sort of fancy dessert straight off the shelves of the local Costco. We sat outside in the "compound" as Kyanne calls it and had a nice visit while watching Nitro try to catch some unknown quarry exists only in his itty bitty kitty brain.

I straight up stole this video off Richard's facebook page. This video shows the differences in the parenting style of dogs and cats. Although I've seen both of these videos individually, they are hysterical in this context. I love it! Thanks Richard.  If you get this blog via email, sometimes the videos don't always come through so here is the link to view it directly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbbYLvhDSM
                                          






One night after I went to bed, the Chrome Fairy came to our house and left some chrome on the Jag.
Between the car color and chrome being tough to accurately portray in a photo, the whole package looks good and is starting to look like a car once again.

The headlight chrome up close...

...and the Jaguar badging on the rear hatch. Now Bob has the paint so shiny I can't take a picture of the details without it being a self portrait.

Bob realizes the door knob isn't sticking, but the door just keeps locking itself each time he closes it.





Here RestoCat grabs his tool belt and helps Bob adjust the lock on the car so Bob doesn't keep locking himself out while adjusting the spaces around the door.

Bob's workbench reflected in the paint of the upright bonnet.



No comments:

Post a Comment