As you are all aware, Bob is painting the Jaguar and he applied the clear coat a couple of weeks ago. He poured the leftover clear coat into this bowl where it was happily hardening until I found it and stabbed it into these pretty little nuggets. Car coat nuggets may be pretty, but they sure do stink!
Saturday we went to Edmonds to use our Group-On coupon for Segway tours. We made a quick stop at the Edmond Farmer's Market and the fire department had this old fire truck on display. It was very shiny and pretty. It reminded me of the old fire truck Scott used to have. I have no idea if they were even similar, but in my little pea-pickin' mind they are.
We found Edmonds Segway Tours and signed up for our little deathtraps. While we were waiting outside for the rest of the group, a car parked by the curb and the super-hero and zombie bride randomly walked down the street. I'm not familiar with Edmonds, does this happen all the time?
One of our stops was by the ferry dock. Behind us is the Edmonds ferry the kids use to get from Kingston to Edmonds. You also get a clear view the Edmonds Underwater Dive Park behind us.
This is the second time we've ridden Segways and they are loads of fun. It's easy to get addicted to them once you get started. The last time we rode the was in Florida and I fell off my Segway while on a drawbridge watching dolphins lead the casino boat into the channel beneath. I was flailing around with a rogue Segway trying to kill me when the tour guide caught me and kept me from pitching over the bridge railing.
Apparently Segways and I aren't meant to be together. I was blissfully riding along the sidewalk and hit a random piece of pipe sticking up in the flower bed. I shifted my weight when the Segway tipped and the Segway chased me trying to get under me. Deja vu. I've been here before except there wasn't a nice tour guide to catch me this time around and I hit the pavement. Hard. In a busy parking lot driveway. Although I took a quick inventory and had determined I wasn't dead or broken, I couldn't continue to lay in the road and laugh or I would really be dead from an impatient driver trying to get to the restaurant so I hopped back on my newly bent up Segway and got out of the road. Although I skinned my knee, hit my head really hard, and bruised myself up pretty well I think the Segway made out even worse since I'd bend it up pretty good. Chris and Bob had the privilege of watching the crash from behind and Bob was wishing he had a GoPro camera to catch the all the action.
While I was resting the bottoms of my feet midway through the ride, I took a picture of the Port of Edmonds boathouses. These are the boathouses that blew down in January 2011 during a violent windstorm.
Here's a picture of the collapsed boathouses from about the same view as the one above. Over 600 boats were destroyed from the collapse.
Chris and Carissa race around the parking lot during the free ride time allotted to us. Chris is banking around the turn and Carissa leans into the Segway trying to beat Chris.
More parking lot zooming.
Segways: 2 Tanya: 0
While Nitro and I were out on our walk today, the ancient voices of his ancestors in his itty bitty kitty brain much be getting clearer since he actually tried to climb the tree this afternoon rather than just look up the tree with a puzzled look on his face.
I've often wondered why the moss between our walkway bricks is always scattered around and now I see why. This woodpecker-y thing drills between the bricks for the ants that are there. In the process the moss comes out of the cracks. He's a pretty bird, we don't need those ants, and Nitro loves watching the bird eat ants as well so it's a win-win for all.
Even the other birds get something out of it as this pretty sparkly bird slurps up the previously lucky ants that thought they had gotten away.
Bob has turned the corner with the Jag, he's finished the coarse sanding and is starting the fine sanding and polishing stages.
The bonnet looks a lot better now than it did when Bob had sanded the clear coat down earlier.
Spraying, sanding, spraying, sanding. Repeat until your arms fall off, spend a couple of hours mowing the lawn to rest the arms then start sanding again.
The bonnet is partly polished, partly pasted, and getting done. It's NOT a fast process.
Originally we were going to do the interior in black to match the newer paint color but after he painted the car, we kind of liked the contrast of the biscuit (yes, that's the official name for it) color with the dark gray paint. Bob ordered a couple of different colored samples of the interior and we chose the original biscuit color. Bob set the swatch down so I could take a picture of it and Nitro set his furry butt down while I was taking the picture. That's what I get for using Nitro's cat pole as a photo booth.
Nitro still insisted on being part of the action but at least you can see the sample.
We got a nice note from my parents thanking us for restoring the Jag they gave us. It made Bob very happy to see that he's not only getting a great car out of the deal, but that Dad is happily watching each step of the way from Oklahoma. I'm glad the time I take to put the pictures in the blog for them is appreciated. Thanks right back at ya!
Here you can really see Bob's hard work emerging from the paint.
It's shiny enough to be able to see me and the ceiling fan in the paint.
Apparently Bob doesn't have all the Griot's Garage products yet so when he made his last pilgrimage down there for supplies, he asked about chrome cleaner. They sent him home with their Metal Polish (hmmm, creative name, huh?) and it's amazing at cleaning up the chrome. It's hard to take pictures of chrome, but it did an amazing job of making Bob feel less guilty for not sending more chrome pieces to the chromers to get redone.
Until next week!






















No comments:
Post a Comment