Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chapter 160: Keeping Out of the Rain

This week has been cold and rainy so I've been working on indoor projects. Since Kyanne mentioned that we never change anything, I have been on a mission to move some stuff around. Now I can't find anything. I can't even find the furniture that it's in!

Last week at school we had a lock down drill to practice for unfortunate events that have become all to real. Since our shop has no windows it was "business as usual" during the lockdown until the police came in and ordered us all outside--and not to take anything with us. It seems in the district's efforts to create a 
they were running a cute little drug dog through campus.  We weren't to be in the area while the dog worked so where better for us to wait than outside in the cold and rain? Since our shop is huge, it took a long time for the dog to go through our two classrooms, wash-up/locker area, bathrooms, lobby, shop, and other public areas. That meant we were outside freezing our butts off for about 40 minutes.

Finally, we get the "all clear" signal and we raced inside to take posession of one of our 5 hand dryers to dry off  and warm up. We weren't inside more than a few minutes when the fire alarm went off followed by an announcement that this was not a drill. Once again we troop outside into the rain. This time my auto boys and I started off cold and wet and we were freezing by the time they got the fire put out in the 400 hall boys' bathroom trash can. Hmm...drug dog, fire in the bathroom for distraction. I wonder if those activities were related somehow? 
Later that evening, once I finally warmed up I decided I was feeling a bit "crafty". Since I hadn't made anything in quite a while, I dreamed up a project and trashed the bar with my "craftiness". Since I have trashed every horizontal surface in the house, Bob finally announced it was time for me to pull myself together a bit. I finished up the appliques  

while Bob and Nitro threaded my sewing machine for me. Bob wisely explained to Nitro all about how sewing machines work and where the thread goes while Nitro nodded in total agreement throughout the entire explanation. Then he licked his butt and took a nap. Nitro. Not Bob.  

While watching Bob and Nitro, I noticed that our cool Australian picture calendar has almost expired. Emily, the Australian teacher we hosted last year, brought it as a gift. It's been fun to see the pictures and read the explanation she wrote to go with each one. The cool part is that she ran around and took all the pictures herself right before she visited us. Maybe I'll just turn it back o January and look at the pictures all over again.

Oh, and the best news I've heard all week:  

For whatever reason, I LOVE these things. I swear they put cocaine or some other addictive substance into them. There is no good reason that anyone should ever,  EVER eat one of these things, but I can hardly wait for them hit town. I have been checking the McRib Locator Map every day waiting for a McRib sighting in Auburn. I even have a McStudent that works at McDonald's under orders to be on the lookout for me. *Drool*


And also, just a reminder to remember those that will not be home with their families for Christmas this year.  I know it's wishful thinking, but maybe next year will be different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment