Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Chapter 146: The Rod Run the the Ends of the Earth

Friday afternoon we packed up and pointed the '56 Fairlane toward Long Beach to go the the Rod Run to the End of the Earth. This is an annual peninsula-wide car show and Bob looks forward to it each year. 

Here Nitro is giving freeway driving tips to Bob. 

We got stuck in the usual JBLM afternoon traffic and the car got really hot since we don't have air-conditioning and Nitro started panting before he headed to a cooler space under the seat. After sitting in traffic for a while, one of the brakes started to overheat so we stopped at DuPont McDonald's to let them cool. Since it was too hot to leave Nitro in the car, we ate in the outdoor seating while Nitro sat around on his leash and watched people go by. Apparently people don't take sit around with their cats waiting for the brakes on their classic car to cool very often because we really got some looks. After a family discussion, we decided to go home and to exchange cars for the trip to the cabin.

We swapped all our stuff into the Jaguar convertible and since we had the top down, Nitro didn't have as comfortable of a ride. He had to ride in his kitty carrier instead of the usual comfort of just sitting on my lap. 

After parking in JBLM traffic again we finally got going. After Nitro had adapted to the change of rides, he stuck his head out of his crate and enjoyed the rest of his convertible ride gawking at other drivers and growling at motorcycles. 

We met some friends at the cabin and we watched cars go by on the highway in front of the cabin window for a while then caught a free trolley to the actual car show a few miles away. There were a massive amount of cars at the show and a lot to see.

Below are some of the cars we saw at the show. Don't ask me what they are. 



There were crowds of people were everywhere and it was still early. 

Isn't it cute? It looks like someone should be following along with a remote control in their hands to drive it.

I took this picture for Chris. It's a teardrop on steroids. I know he loves ours, but think how happy he'd be in this! 

Isn't this pretty? I don't know what the car was, but I like this decoration. 

I love this chameleon paint. 

After we returned from the car show, we walked around town. The guys watched the cars, and I watched the crowd. I found the people-watching was awesome and much more interesting than the cars. 

We had a wonderful time with our friends. Thanks Bobbie and Alan for the great weekend.

Have a great week everyone!

I'm glad to hear Kyanne's, Chelsea's and Kyle's classes are off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment