Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chapter 143: hot, Hot, HOT!

Saturday dawned sunny and EARLY as Bob packed us up and took us to "Exotics at Redmond Town Center". It's a show of super-high end, super-expensive exotic cars that meet once a month...if there isn't a drop of rain on the near (or far) horizon. Here's a picture of our lowly Jaguar sandwiched between a couple of new Aston Martins and Bentleys. Each Bentley sells for over $300,000! 

After the Exotics show, we cruised by Snoqualmie Falls on the way home. There wasn't much water spilling over the dam and the pastoral old buildings have been replaced with an active construction site. 

As many times as we've been to the Falls, they are still fun (and free) to look at. Of course, being summer it was packed with tourists from all over the world.

On the way through North Bend we got caught up in their Railroad Days celebration. This festival celebrate their railroad and logging history and there were tons of bright-eyed kids swarming everywhere. After walking around the vendors, displays, trains, and activities, we went to Snoqualmie Brewery for lunch and, of course, a local brew. While we had or lunch, the Seafair Pirates were causing havoc in the parking lot below.

(Editor's Note: Never, I repeat NEVER go to a brewery after a child-oriented festival! Parents drag their tired cranky kids with them while they try to relax with an afternoon beer. "Relax" appears to mean "Let their now less than bright-eyed kids scream and run around the other customers tables while the parents ignore them.")

The trip home from North Bend required that I sit still in the car for another half hour or so. I'm good for 10 minutes before I get squirelly. One of my squirrelly activities was taking a picture of myself in the convertible's rear view mirror. 

When we arrived home, this is how we found Nitro. I have a feeling he had been there most of the day, fur blowing in the wind. 

Last winter my mother gave me an old gaslight street lamp that they were given about 40 years ago when their city replaced them with modern lighting. This gaslight lamp is about 3 feet tall, pot metal and is monstrously heavy without glass. My mother wanted stained glass inserted into it's empty panels. Since I am going to Shelton to see her this week, I had to hustle to get this behmouth done so I could deliver it then. So on our hottest days of the year, I am slumped over a hot soldering iron trying to finish what could have been done a while ago.

Here's the finished product. Bob put almost as much work into the restoration as I did, I think. 

I went out in the yard last week to find a couple of Bob's cars and the teardrop trailer were scattered in the yard. I told him he needed to pick his toys up from the yard when he was done playing with them. He called my bluff and dragged even more toys into the yard and said "This is what the yard looks like when I don't put my toys away!" I told him he is not getting more toys until he can learn to keep what he has picked up.

Stay cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment