Last Sunday was the big National Jaguar concours d'elegance show at LeMay, America's Car Museum. The museum is the silver slug-like blight of Tacoma in the background. Bob has cleaned and repaired every little detail of his Jaguar. He cleaned the rubber stains from the floor mats, redyed spots in the leather, removed the bubbling window tinting, repaired the paint dings, cleaned all cracks and crevices with small brushes and Q-Tips, opened up the doors and removed grey goo that kept dripping out each time after he thought he had it all cleaned up, redyed the rubber bumpers, you name it, he's looked after every detail. The car probably didn't look this good new. But alas, Bob didn't trophy since there were even better groomed Jaguars at the show.
Oddly enough, I met a lady that I used to work with when we were gas girls at Crest Air Park in the '70s. We had fun catching up on each other's lives. Unfortunately they had the SAME EXACT JAGUAR we do and ended up in the same category. Too bad the evening ended by their car placing above ours.
Bob did enjoy the process and he has a car to be proud of, thanks to my parents and Bob's hard work.
Sunday, we took a drive to soak up the beautiful summer day in our squeaky clean convertible. Along the way, we stopped at Des Moines Marina and walked around a bit. There were a lot of people on the fishing pier crabbing...without much success I might add.
There was so much traffic in and out of the marina, I felt like it was I-5. Except I-5 traffic doesn't move as fast as the boats did.
I evesdrop on a family visiting the marina in their boat while I take a picture of the marina and the fishing dock.
I found a crab in the wild! It's a bit discolored because I was experimenting with taking a photo through my Polarized sunglasses to cut the glare on the water. It worked really well, actually. It was a trade-off whether to experiment taking a picture through my sunglasses and looking really dumb or maintaining my dignity. You can see the choice I made for yourself, and yes, people were staring.
It's a week for renewing old acquaintances. Through facebook I located two friends from Kent-Meridian High School. After a couple of years, I finally set up meetings. Wednesday, my friend Karen is coming here for lunch and today I went to Monroe and had a great visit with Dora. We all went to high school together and we all loved our horses and related activities.
It was a perfect day for a long ride in our convertible. On the way back from Monroe, I avoided the parking lot that is our freeway system and returned via Duvall, Carnation, Snoqualmie, etc. It was a beautiful drive with very little traffic. While I was going through Duvall, I noticed this cool book sofa in front of the Duvall Book Store.
And lastly, while I was out in the yard checking on the progress of my tree-ripened peaches, hoping to get just one intact peach before the crows discover they ripe, I noticed that the holly tree is busily making holly berries for next Christmas season. The red ones are the lonely leftovers from last year.
Have a good week!


No comments:
Post a Comment