We've had a busy weekend with lots of things going on. Ok, so nothing very exciting, but we're keeping entertained.
Last Thursday, I picked up my mother's friend, Elaine, in Kent. Elaine and my mother were neighbors when they lived in Hawaii and haven't seen each other for 14 years. We met at Little Creek Casino in Shelton to meet up with my mother while her husband Andy and I immersed myself in the seafood buffet. They had a nice visit and I waddled out to the car and returned Elaine to Kent. For whatever reason, traffic was awesome and we sailed right through both ways.
My mother and her husband, Andy before they headed home. They look right fine for 77 and 85.
Bob spent a lot of time spit-polishing to the new Jag in preparation for a Jaguar show he's going to put it in. This is his show entry photo.
Bob and Chris went to the new LeMay Car Museum in Tacoma for a special evening to honor museum charter members - that's us. The dedication plaque below shows our name engraved in granite for all to see. It's nice to see my name engraved on granite that isn't my headstone!
Bob took a picture of a greyhound hood ornament on a 1930's vintage Lincoln for Kyanne.
There was a "British Invasion" display of...you guessed it...British cars.
These are 1960's Hondas. A SuperHawk and a Honda S-90. I guess Bob's parents had these when he was a kid.
NAPA sponsored an elaborate display at one end of the museum.
This is a charger for a 1914 electric car. Just think where electric car technology would be today if this concept had been built on since then.
Here are several overview pictures of one of the LeMay display floors. It looks like Noah's ark has been turned upside down over the cars.
Another view shows the display looking a bit chaotic for my taste.
Chris and Carissa stayed with us while Chris was at Air Force reserves for the weekend. Saturday, Chris went to work and Bob went to a Jaguar club meeting at Jaguar of Tacoma so Carissa and I took advantage of the guys being absent, and headed for the North Bend Outlet Mall.
I needed something to wear while in the convertible so I bought a scarf. Being the abusive dog Grama that I am, I immediately had to put it on Bear to see how he looked wearing a floral scarf. He's a good sport and wore the scarf as I asked, but he made it clear his dignity was not intact at the moment.
So to give Bear his dignity back, here's a picture of him wearing the "Alaska Dogs Kick Ass" scarf which he wore with more confidence than my convertible scarf.
And last of all, check out the color-changing nail polish I found in Skagway, AK. It changes to pink in sunlight. Ironically, I found nail polish that changes color in the sun in a town that hasn't seen sunlight for weeks according to the locals.
Still promising to bore you with a Special Alaskan Edition of The Next Chapter of the Book so don't get to thinking you're off the hook!










Anxiously awaiting the Alaskan Edition!
ReplyDelete