Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chapter 82: Busy, Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend. First we started out with Payton's FIRST BIRTHDAY party! I cannot believe it's been a whole year since we welcomed Payton into the family.

This is a long blog. Put your feet up and I hope you aren't in a hurry to get anywhere soon.










After all the catching up was done with Jenna helped Payton open her gifts.







I hope Payton gets her poise and beauty from her mom, because there's not much hope of getting that stuff from her dad...




...or her aunt...


Dad giving Payton a post-birthday cake kiss. Kyle, when you were running with "the boys" in high school, did you ever picture yourself in this situation and loving it as much as you do???
I won't post a lot of pics because everyone that reads this blog was at Payton's party and have their own 1,000 - 2,000 pictures of their own. Anyway, the point is, we love you Payton. I hope the rest of your years are as great as your very first one.

The other big happening is that Chelsea made it home safe and sound from K-Stan despite our thinking she is just out of diapers and can't possible do anything that grown up all by herself. I got to look through her album, (an ALBUM...ALREADY...really?). Anyway, I want to spend more time looking through it and hearing more stories but the evening zipped along. Here is the loot Chelsea brought home for us. I'm sooo impressed she had room for all the stuff she brought home for each of us. (Not pictured, two thimbles that squeezed through a small hole into the lining of my purse.)


A Kazakhstan costume. It could possibly be  Ayaz Kyz (Frost Girl). She is Ayaz Ata (Father Frost/Santa Clause's granddaughter.
















Chelsea also brought K-Stan chocolate that, as you can see, did not last long at all!

Thank you Chelsea for taking the time to think of us while you are having the experience of a lifetime!
After we left the festivities at Gig Harbor, we headed to the cabin to meet up with Kyanne, Ryan, Logo, and Harry. We haven't spent much time with them lately and I was very excited to have a couple of days with the four of them. Since Logo and Harry don't get posted much, I'm going to saturate this blog with them since I don't know when I'll be able to catch up with them again.

Of course, no trip to the cabin is complete without a trip to the beach so we headed out shortly after they all arrived at the cabin.

Ryan and Logo

 Kyanne and Harry
A beautiful day at the beach!




 Exhausted beach hounds do the "hound lounge".


Everyone relaxes after a trip to the beach.


even more resting...



...and more beach...


More relaxing...
For everyone.



Then Kyanne tried to let the dogs out in the middle of the night and broke the doorknob off in her hand. Here's Bob fixing the knob so we could go to Home Depot and invest in a new one that didn't involve a screwdrive to turn the latch.

And the new knob...coded so no keys will be needed. It's lots of fun so I just played with the buttons for a while.

I'll end my tirade here. My life goes in spurts so after this weekend, don't plan on hearing from me for a while!

Thank you all for a wonderful few days.

Have a good week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a great party and to have everyone of the kids there made it so special for grandma. I know everyone is busy but to take time for family it is so important to me.(the older I get the more greatful I am for special time like parties. Well enough sentimental stuff. Dr. appointment to was not what I wanted to hear as it showed 2 very small spots on my liver to small to biopsy and will have a PET scan when we jump through all the hoops. Mom& Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you everyone for making my granddaughters life so full of love. Can't wait for there to be more kiddo's to watch grow (hint, hint....)

    ReplyDelete