Total Pageviews

Monday, May 17, 2010

Chapter 61: Lookie What Bob Did

As far as adventure, this was not a weekend of note.

Bob and I went to the Monroe Car Swap Meet and returned with an old fishing rod and a new rake handle.

The fishing rod is for decoration at the cabin. Once it gets installed, I'm sure you will be seeing the results right here.

One monumental milestone
that happened is Kyanne and Ryan
got Bob, a definate meat and potatoes
kind of guy, to go for Vietnamese food.
Happily for all of us, he enjoyed it. He
especially liked the hoisin sauce.
I love pho and am excited it's no
longer on my "no fly list".











A while ago, Bob decided he needed to "define our space" a la Home and Garden TV and the "compound" (as Kyanne calls it) was born. Now Bob has decided to convert our front yard into a dry streambed. Me, I was happy with the moss lawn we were currently sporting. Not happy with just killing the moss, Bob had to dig it up and remove it. I came home from work one day to find my lawn missing!

We have spent the last 30 years hunting down, cursing, burying, disguising, and dumping rocks in dark allys in the middle of the night.

Bob has gone around and resurrected these very same rocks, as well as dug a few more up, and started the streambed in the front yard. Now our rocks stand in the front yard in all their glory...except now we don't have enough of them!
This is what our front yard looks like now. In a few weeks, I'm sure he'll have it looking like there will be a beautiful stream right after the next rainfall.

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if I'm buying it, next time have him smile as he's taking a bite!

    ReplyDelete