I just realized I never actually published this chapter after I wrote it--Better late than never!
Friday after Thanksgiving, our friends Tim and Mollie (best known for being the parents of Carissa's long-time best friend, Eileen) along with their parapalegic dachsund, Squishy,
came to the cabin to see what there was to see. I showed them the Subway store across the street,
but that wasn't enough so we took them to North Head lighthouse. North Head lighthouse It was nasty-rainy (as it seems the ocean always is) so we just looked around the lighthouse and did not hike. I won't go into lighthouse detail since I've blogged this to death in previous postings. Here we all are enjoying our trip to the North Head lighthouse.
One of my hobbies is to capture our visitors in the big frying pan/tourist attraction in downtown Long Beach. Have I mentioned that Bob would not let me buy the house in the background as it was for sale when we were looking? So here are Tim and Mollie and Bear all doing their skillet duty to make me happy. Future visitors beware (Dave & Becky): You WILL succumb to my skillet pictures when you visit.
Bear is terrified of Squishy and was very confused that Squishy wanted to play with his toys. We did our best to make Squishy welcome while preserving Bear's territory. Bear was exhaused and took a nap on my lap.
But really. If you are an 80 pound German shepherd afraid of a parapalegic barking mini-hot dog, there is only so much we can do for you.
Of course if we were worried about Bear's dignity, we would not have dressed him up as Santa's Helper, either!
After doing their "visitor duty" with the skillet, we all went "over the bridge" as the locals call it and went to Astoria, Oregon to check out a couple of brew pubs. Here we are at Ft. George Brewery and Public House playing Jenga and trying out the local brews. You can see the brewery equipment in the picture behind Tim and Mollie.
We only made it to a couple of the targeted breweries before time ran out. Using Mollie's drooping mini Gorilla tripod, we got a group picture before we all headed for home. If anybody needs a gift idea for Mollie, 3 words: New Gorilla tripod!
Thanks to everyone for making our Thanksgiving weekend a memorable one!








WOW you really finished a great Thanksgiving
ReplyDeleteweekend. I am still chuckling about the big bad BEAR!!! GBook