Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chapter 30: Hot Times!

Each time we go to the cabin, I hate that Bob spends quite a bit of his time preparing meals for the big steel fire monster also known as our wood stove. We decided to get a pellet stove. They eat a diet of prepared food and not freshly split wood meals.

After looking for a used pellet stove for the cabin for over a year, we decided to bite the bullet and buy a brand new one. With brochures spread out everywhere, Bob decided to check Craig's list one more time. There is was! The stove we wanted...except it's green instead of blue, but that's a minor detail when we are saving lots of green.













We brought it home, cleaned it up and planned the new tile base for it. It is now immortalized on the garage floor in chalk. I FINALLY GET TO GET RID OF THE NASTY BRICK in the cabin. It's been a pathetic goal of mine since we got the cabin.

Another entertaining activity (at Erik's expense) this weekend was helping Erik put the roof on his shed. After Bob gave careful instructions to Erik--a couple of times--I thought maybe we'd better check on him ourselves. We arrived at his house to find his brother, Jimm, on a ladder reading the Sunset book on "How to Build Garden Sheds" and Erik trying to fold a piece of molding over the roof peak.














It seemed a bit late to be reading a "how to" book when you have a hammer in the other hand. Remember, we are not laughing at you Erik, it's just that your inner backyard warrior and inner engineer are not compatible on this particular task.

Bob pointed them in the right direction and off they went. They got the roof on half the shed--that happens when you don't give up and go inside and watch the football game.

You all have a good week out there!

2 comments:

  1. I know I thought you shoud keep the old stove, of course I wasn't chopping the wood. I admit I was so wrong I love love the new one. Hope to get down to see it before winter sets in. G & G Book

    ReplyDelete